EZ connect Platinum Stages SSA pole!

LizzyLiz810

I am really excited about this new EZ Connect pole by Platinum stages. I made a video and posted it to my SV profile, or you can check it out on youtube. 

[www.youtube.com]

The 2 pole pieces connect thru a groove and bearing that holds it in place. Its really sturdy, and I feel confident on it. 

Let me know if you have any questions, and i will try to answer if i can, but the video pretty much shows everything about how it connects together. The bottom pie base is the same as the original SSA. 

Sep 12, 2011
Pisces Poler
That looks pretty cool. I couldn't find the vid on your profile but I watched it on YouTube. Looks pretty easy to put together.
Sep 13, 2011
LizzyLiz810

Yea i really really like it. Ive always been a lil scared on free standing poles, but this actually felt really secure!! 
Sep 13, 2011
Pisces Poler
Love your studio by the way!
Sep 13, 2011
LizzyLiz810

Awww thank u! 
Sep 13, 2011
Dancing Paws

That is totally rad! Did that one just come out? I am saving up for a PS stage!
Sep 13, 2011
Dancing Paws

I only see the 3.0 on the site. No EZ connect version. Where did you find it?
Sep 13, 2011
MissJ

Looks really nice. I've been wanting to find a pole to dance outside with. But I've gotta say 7.5 feet seems a little short. The price is great at 599 - though I'm still considering the X stage Lite at 9 feet and (799) even tho it's a bit steep.....  any experience with that  one?  (it's currently on back order )
Sep 13, 2011
LizzyLiz810

This just came out, so you might need to call and ask. 
Sep 13, 2011
amy

ladyjean, are you asking about the PS stage or the xstage lite?

i've been on the lite. i love that you can use a 45mm or 50mm with the same base, and it is very stable. i will say that if you want to use it on spin it's really freaking annoying though, bc it's so difficult to get the thing level enough where it will spin properly-- but i imagine that would be the same for any stage. and the xstage lite goes up to almost 10 feet which is AWESOME.
Sep 13, 2011
Veena

I have the X stage and LOVE it. Its sooooo stable and spin mode works great! I have both a 45mm and 50mm for it. I love how tall the pole is I'm around 5' 8" and have plenty of pole to work with...here is a video of it in action for those who are curious, I am using my 45mm pole in this video [www.studioveena.com]
Sep 13, 2011
LizzyLiz810

Cool outdoor video! I was playing outside with mine for the first time on saturday, and it was really fun. I get really hot and sweaty, but it was a lil chilly outside, so it was just right for me. 
Sep 13, 2011
MissJ

I was asking about the X-lite VS the PS. Clearly the extra 2 feet is a plus on the X. thanks for all of your information. Can't wait until this thing is back in stock. I have property in upstate ny and i've been wanting to pole outside forever!! :)
Sep 13, 2011
Charley

I'm glad the EZ Connect is finally out! GREAT DEMO!  :D

PS VS XSL - The big advantage to the XSL is that you can weigh it down and it has legs that extend to make it more stable - those legs are easily tripped over in public settings but once you're on it and in spin it feels really good.  I'm happy with my XSL and it was worth the extra money because of the added stability features.

PS advantages are that it's much easier to put together and lighter and and more cost effective.
Sep 13, 2011
Dancing Paws

I wonder if it is still stable with the extension...
Sep 13, 2011
Platinum Stages

Yes the EZ Connect will also be available for the Star Stand Alone by the end of the month!!!
Sep 13, 2011
Dancing Paws

Will it ever tip if you fling your body into spins?? Do you know?

I want to get a stage for the reason of my current pole is leaving marks on my aparment floor and ceiling, and I don't want to have to pay to replace the floor and ceiling stuff from my x pole. 
Sep 24, 2011
LizzyLiz810

I have never tipped it over. 

I just found out that i can get a 2 foot extension for this pole, so i am gonna try to get it this week, and post another video if i can. 
Sep 24, 2011
Dancing Paws
Awesome! Please do! I see they do not offer extensions for the 45mm brass. I'm guessing it is for safety reasons?
Sep 24, 2011
chemgoddess1 Paid Member

I am not sure if the new SSA is different than the old but I do know someone who "walked" the old style across the floor and I also have had one move on me on a garage floor while doing a reverse grab.  ALSO, the old SSA 45 mm pole was never stable over the original size, even though they sold the extensiona to a lot of people.  There is an e-mail floating around this foum stating just that.  Again, this was the old style SSA.  Not sure if they have made design changes with the new.  BTW, I am about 150 lbs and 5'8", not sure if height and weigh play an issue here.
Sep 26, 2011
nymphdancer

i think the only thing they changed was the connection of the poles. they no longer screw together, now use EZ connect. so to me no thanks, I tipped one already don't want to try another.
Sep 26, 2011
LizzyLiz810

I am using the 2inch (thicker pole).  I dont know about the skinnier one.

The bottom of the stage has a lil rubber stopper, so mine hasnt moved, and its not even on a completely flat surface. 

I really dont know about any of the older models, but i really like the ez connect model. When i get my extension i will do another video and do some spins on it. Im 5'4, 135lbs. 
Sep 26, 2011
LizzyLiz810

I think stages tip over depending on how agressive people are with them. I was at California Pole Dance Championship last night, and Timber Brown lifted the X-stage lite multiple times during his performance. He is very agressive on the pole. Im sure the video will be out on youtube any minute now, so you can see what im talking about. 

On a side note, everyone really should watch all the videos from CPDC, because the competition was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2011
nymphdancer

i tipped it doing a fireman a pretty basic fireman.
Sep 26, 2011
Dancing Paws

Height and weight probably have something to do with tippage, but I wonder how much. I am 5'2" and 145 lb. If I can lose the weight I just gained, hopefully I will be short enough and light enough that I won't have much torque on the pole.
Sep 26, 2011
LizzyLiz810

I made a video showing some spins on static mode, so everyone can see how stable it is. The ez connect makes the pole impossible to come apart. The pie pieces of the stage can tip a lil depending how aggressive you are, but there is no way that the whole thing will tip over. It weighs about 120lbs. 

[www.youtube.com]
Nov 9, 2011
Charley

To be fair I have seen the XSL tip up - for me - I'm controlled and ginger enough to not tip it without weights on it in spin mode however if you are really aggressive it can tip.  I've seen Shadow tip a standard X-stage with 250lbs of weights on it.  Agression plays a part in all stage poles.

I'm glad to see that PS has finally released EZ Connects and I'm hoping they are sending EZ connects to everyone who purchased the original screw together model.  I had the SSA and had to sell it because it wasn't safe for me to pole on at my level.  With my XSL - I can weigh it down and extend the legs and that makes it much more stable than the SSA...because I can atleast ADD weights and make simple mods to make it safer for everyone.  But ALL stage poles can tip up or walk across the floor - I've seen my XSL walk across the floor when it didn't have weights on it - we added about 45lbs and it was solid as can be.  The XSL is also a pain to get around because it's so heavy - but I don't see how you can have a stage that isn't heavy.  The original square PS stage was pretty heavy and cumbersome too - we had one and outside of lack of room and pole height - it was a great pole for trade shows and I sill recommend that one to this day.

The SSA looks much better now than the version I had.  I would have kept it if PS would have sent me the EZ Connect at no charge to me - I shouldn't have to pay double or anything beyond the money I spent to have a good stable pole but they were adamant that I send back my pole at my expense - when they had clearly at one point said the pole wasn't safe for me to use....

It seems PS may be making some turn arounds in their customer service which I am hoping they are because I do like many of their products but after being treated poorly over the SSA I have boycotted them - too bad because I prefer Stainless steel to anything...but seeing PS taking the time to read Veena and post here makes me wonder if they are undergoing some improvements :)
Nov 10, 2011
Platinum Stages

@Charley - I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

We are definitely making improvements and our doing our best to ensure that everyone is happy.

If anyone is in the Southern California area, we encourage you to come by and try our Star Stand Alone. We have a SSA up and ready for you if you would like to try it out. 

I can always see if one of our studios in your area that has SSAs would be okay if you came by to try it out.

Also, make sure any comments, questions or concerns that you have are all brought to my attention so that I can take care of it for you.

You can reach me by email anytime: media@platinumstages.com

I encourage you to let me know so that I can do my best to remedy the situation. :-)

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks,

Erica Verner
media@platinumstages.com
(949) 574-7133 Phone
(949) 973-0355 Cell
(866) 85-POLES Toll Free
www.PlatinumStages.com
1582 Monrovia Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Nov 10, 2011
LizzyLiz810

Hey Charley, 

Thanks for being unbiased and mentioning that the XSL can tip too. Here is a perfect example of it tipping, and shifting across the floor. [www.youtube.com] Look around 2:30 mark. 

I made a video last night, purposely trying to make my SSA fall. Take a look. The stage does come up, but it didnt shift across the floor. [www.youtube.com]

I dont really know anything about the older versions, but i do know that the new version i have is really stable. Im really happy i did this. Ive read so many posts with people saying it tips over and that its unsafe etc, but now i know for a fact that this thing is super stable, and wont just tip completely over. Plus, most women arent going to be super aggressive on it like i was. 
Nov 11, 2011

mercury5girl
Thank you, Veena, these exercises are great! This is why I love learning online with you, you take the time to break down all the important details and lay down the foundations so well.
more testimonials