StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions yea…. got my pole but i dont see anyone using the gloves?

• yea…. got my pole but i dont see anyone using the gloves?

Posted by gatita14 on August 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I noticed they sell gloves and creams are these really nessisary?????

PippiParnasse replied 9 years, 8 months ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

If you have very sweaty hands gloves can be a great option. They are not required by any means though.

• Jenn1989

August 19, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I have super sweaty hands, and I like the gloves for when I’m practising a strength move and I don’t want to worry about sliding. I couldn’t do a shoulder mount until I used the gloves to get a solid grip, and then I was quickly able to do it without.

• marithim

August 19, 2014 at 8:26 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLQeh9HNbKY here is an awesome dancer using gloves in her routine.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 19, 2014 at 11:01 pm

none of this stuff is necessary unless you feel like you need it. I NEED IT! haha! gloves have changed my pole life. and I use dry hands under my gloves. I’m very sweaty and cant do much without them. If I didn’t need them I wouldn’t use them, but I do need them. I’m the only person at my studio that uses gloves and I don’t care.

• Allgold78

August 20, 2014 at 8:44 am

I guess like everyone else says it depends on how sweaty your hands get. I use Dry Hands when I’m doing something that requires some real strong grip (practicing new moves etc) but I try where possible not to use it. I don’t use gloves though. I don’t want to end up relying on something and I think training with gloves you do run that risk.

• Pretty Pixie

August 20, 2014 at 8:59 am

I have sweaty hands and I love my gloves…don’t have to use them every single practice, but when I do, they’re a lifesaver! I actually think using the gloves to learn moves can be beneficial. You learn contact points and the balance of the move with a lessened fear factor. Then as you feel secure, you can try without them. Strength happens with consistency. My personal opinion, of course. 🙂

• PippiParnasse

August 20, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I don’t have the sweatiest hands, but I do use gloves occasionally in the winter. They make me feel warm very quickly, which is helpful to get me started when I’m too cold, and they let me grip the cold slick pole without using up my grip aids. I don’t use them in the summer because they make me sweat too much (not just on my hands, all over).