StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions in so much pain

• in so much pain

Posted by garynnnjb5232 on August 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Ive been pole training 3x a week. My hands ache, my feet nd knees are bruised, and im getting discouraged. Any tips for training for a beginner?

P.s. the pole BURNS so bad 🙁

Veena replied 9 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 30, 2014 at 10:44 pm

That’s no good, where/how are you training? Home, studio or lessons here?

• garynnnjb5232

August 30, 2014 at 11:07 pm

At home. I think its a beginner thing tho, bcuz i here ppl talk about bruising, nd pole friction. It doesnt hurt like i injured myself. But just starting out it gets to me nd makes me wanna stop. I use online training as well.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 30, 2014 at 11:25 pm

garynnnjb- it’s really hard to say since I’m not sure exactly what you are working on. there is a definite progression of tricks and spins and if you are guessing, then that can lead you to work on things that may not be appropriate for the level you are at. if you have the lessons here, they are in the order that would be most beneficial to you. some bruising and pain is normal and does get better. if one part of your body is sore, like inner thighs. then I would not work any inner thigh moves for a few days, etc. don’t wear out your whole body each time you pole. you need a definite plan for what you are gonna work on for each session. there is a 30 starter program here for people new to pole or those who just want to condition for pole. I highly recommend you try it. It takes the guess work out of what to do and offers a safe progression of exercises. it’s really difficult give anymore advice than that without knowing what program you are working on at home. And definitely rest when you need to. Pole was VERY painful for me. I think my tolerance for skin pain was non-existent. It does get better. But you do want to work smarter, not harder. hope you get to feeling better. hang in there! 🙂

• Runemist34

August 30, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Well, bruises and pole burn ARE things we need to deal with, but if they’re getting discouraging, I think that it’s not something you should just be “living with.”
    You don’t want to be pushing yourself too hard and feeling unhappy and in pain. Perhaps cutting back one of those days would make the other two more productive! Also, depending on the moves you know and can do, you can always avoid some and work on others so that you’re not sore all over all the time.

• garynnnjb5232

August 30, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Thanx everyone…im working on a 50mm chrome x pole. Nd i might b pushing myself just a little to much. 🙂 hehe.

• AllysonKendal

August 31, 2014 at 7:49 am

You could have been inside my head a few days ago…

I was working on a lot of side climb and knee pit moves (figurehead, Cupid, kneehold) I was so bruised and sore with my skin burning, (a feeling I used to like… The sign of a good workout). I just felt like asking myself “why am I doing this to myself… why am I physically beating myself up like this” I felt like I love pole, but pole doesn’t love me back. Yoga for instance (which I do once a week) is never as fun or satisfying but also never leaves me black and blue.

But I just needed to shake it off. I put those moves on hold. Worked more in my comfort zone… And worked more on dancing and choreography…And the feeling passed. Mostly I think my funk was a mix of hormones and work stress… But venting and talking with other polers helped and so did easing off. 🙂

• garynnnjb5232

August 31, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I also stretched today for an hour and im feeling better. Thats an issur because i forget to stretch sometimes, and even more i forget to stretch my hands fingers and the little places that count. I think im falling in love with pole. Im working on a beginner/intermediatr trick right now … its from missdirdybirdy page. Its a back spin/roll down. Ive got a fireman spin, carousel, attitude, reverse attitiude, chair spin, some combos. Floor get up moves. Etc. I also strength train on the pole. Veenas strength workouts are good, and so is a program i found on youtube.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 31, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Have you tried using the 30 day take off program so you don’t over train? That might be helpful.