chipped knee cap

Stevesgirl

Well, I decided I probably should let a doctor look at my knee so I went in.  It turns out I chipped off a small part of my knee cap.  (The doctor said it's kind of like a drinking glass that has a chip in it).  - Right now, the doctor just wants to let it be.  He said - in theory - that the rough part should smooth down.  If over time it doesn't smooth down,  then they will have to go in using a scope and 'file' it down.   The good news is that he told me if I feel ok to pole, then go ahead!  I will absolutely have to take it easy since it hurts when I bend my knee but I am thrilled I don't have to stop poling! YEAH!!!  I will also absolutely have to be more careful and not have that pole jump in front of me again!

Jul 5, 2011 from Littleton, Colorado, United States
Lyme Lyte
Darn pole anyway! What move were u working on when that happend? I want to b sure to avoid it!
Jul 5, 2011 from Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
AerialGypsy
I tried my nemesis move and sprained I sprained both of my wrists. I do not think I will doing the wrist sit. I sprained my wrists 2 years ago with the same move. I think I will let that one be for a while. Darn poles, they are so fun but can be so damaging.
Jul 5, 2011 from Oregon, United States
Stevesgirl

Actually, I’m embarrassed by how I hurt my knee.   I was working on the Forward attitude and I just wasn’t getting the momentum I wanted, so I decided to try it with the extra push.  I did it a couple of times with no problems, and then I’m not sure what happened or how it happened, but I guess I got my body twisted or something and I pushed off really hard and then my knee just smashed into the pole!  Of all the moves that I could have hurt my knee on, I can’t believe it was the Forward Attitude!  Honestly, I’m sure my pole jumped in front of me!  It is the only logical explanation!
Jul 5, 2011 from Littleton, Colorado, United States
AerialGypsy

We have all had the "walking into a sliding glass door" moment.
Jul 5, 2011 from Oregon, United States

calipolepixie
StudioVeena's lessons are the best online lessons on the net. All of Veena's lessons are very through, concise and she breaks down the moves, so well and gives options to get in and out of moves which I love. I <3 SV, you will too!
more testimonials