StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Trapezerigging.com portable rigs, any reviews?

• Trapezerigging.com portable rigs, any reviews?

Posted by Nancy Namaste on August 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I have been researching different rigging options to hang my lyra at home. I am very interested in the 7.5-13 feet adjustable portable rig. Has anyone ever used one,or maybe owns a quad portable rig from this company 🙂 any tips/reviews ?

Nancy Namaste replied 9 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • CD Hussey fka Jivete

August 14, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I don’t have their rig but I do have a suspendulum. I love it. You can rig anywhere from 8-20 ish feet. I use mine mostly for silks.

• Nancy Namaste

August 14, 2014 at 2:17 pm

@jivete Just saw your photos 🙂 nice! That rig does look very sturdy.Can you lower the whole thing to 8 ft so that it will fit indoors?

• aybee77

August 14, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I have the portable rig. I have only set it up once, outside. I felt that it was sturdy. I thought that I would be able to set it up by myself, but I needed someone to help.

Here is a thread where a couple people say they have used that rig: https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/4f5d579d-5ca0-45a9-813b-31560ac37250

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

August 14, 2014 at 3:11 pm

You know, I don’t know for sure. Since it’s a tripod my guess is yes. You’d probably need to use cables to keep the feet secure…

• Kobajo84

August 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I own a quad portable Ludwig rigging! I love it! I also thought you could set it up with one person but I got it up and needed assistance for the last 2 extension pieces. It’s super portable and easy to put up and take down. Mine is from here: http://www.damnhot.com/

• OopseyDaisey

August 14, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I have the Ludwig quad rig and wouldn’t trade it for anything!

• Nancy Namaste

August 15, 2014 at 11:54 am

@aybee77 thanks for the link! which size do you have? ya, I figure I will need help setting it up lol

• Nancy Namaste

August 15, 2014 at 11:55 am

@kobajo84 Awesome. I have looked at those as well but I kind of want one that I would be able to fit indoors if needed and I didnt see a Ludwig that could have diff height settings? The lowest I saw was 11ft

• Nancy Namaste

August 15, 2014 at 11:56 am

@oopseydaisey Those have great reviews! Which size do you have??

• OopseyDaisey

August 15, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I have the 16′ with the legs that extend it to 19.5′. Enough for good size drops and yet I can make it small enough to teach an aerial yoga class (if I taught that!) I also have the six foot header.

• PoleNika

August 16, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Have one of Trevor’s rigs (trapeze rigging). Love it!! Never had any issues, easy to put up and down, sturdy!

• aybee77

August 17, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I have the 7.5 – 13 ft adjustable

• Nancy Namaste

August 19, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Thank you for all the info and tips ladies 🙂