StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Performance Help!!!!

• Performance Help!!!!

Posted by bambi9 on September 2, 2014 at 8:43 am

So I signed up to perform at an event. at the time i signed up I was a poling machine. I have not been as active on the pole for the last couple of months ( life got to me ). I have 2 week s before the performance and a lot of the tricks I had planned to do for the routine are not working I feel like a total bum. Is there anyway to improve this performance and prevent from going down the tubes?

Thanks,
    Sara

Twilight Starr replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Allgold78

September 2, 2014 at 10:44 am

Is it too late to change the routine? Put some other stuff in that you’re completely comfortable with instead. Failing that would a fun session with a pole buddy help you to practice the old stuff, take the pressure off, and ease things to get you back into it?

• bambi9

September 2, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thanks for the reply. I have about a week. Plenty of time lol.

• Allgold78

September 2, 2014 at 11:26 am

Oh wow! Panic then!!!! Lol.
    Only joking, how about changing the routine.

• Deesse Jesse

September 2, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Take out anything you’re not 100% solid with. You’d rather enjoy the performance than stress out about nailing the next move 🙂

• NVirginian

September 2, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I had to modify a routine in April due to a pulled abdominal muscle. It was four days before and there was a combo (corkscrew to butterfly to flatline to descending angel on spin pole) that I was so proud of and there was no way I could do it! But I couldn’t modify the group routine I was in later that night. Sure enough, my aerial invert to butterfly was a total fail! I was in agony and mortified but most people said they didn’t notice. So be 100% sure! Good Luck!

• Twilight Starr

September 2, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I agree- only keep the moves you are solid with. Make a list of all the things you know how to do- tricks, spins and floor work. Something high, something low. Pick a song you absolutely love (that gets you moving). Pick the pose you’d like to start with and end with. You’ll probably be surprised at just how much material you have!