StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions POST PARTUM- when do you start poling after delivery.

• POST PARTUM- when do you start poling after delivery.

Posted by vkissme on September 28, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Hello ladies. i want to know from other Poling Moms who were pole dancers prior to having a baby when did you start back on the pole after your little bundle of joy arrived??
    I hear its not safe to return back from awhile because the back muscles and core are so weak. And poling when not strong enough can give permeant injuries.

claireebearr replied 9 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ORGANIC ANGEL

September 29, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hi returned 8 weeks because it’s so intensive. I had a sono 4 weeks post partum and everything was still pretty tender in there even though belly and weight was almost back down at that point. Uterus was back to normal but myometrium still thick etc.I do t recommend going back at 6 weeks because of this especially after a c section even though a doc says it’s ok for this very reason. It will have to be a personal choice. I poled before pregnancy and through it til 30 weeks. I’m also pregnant now and poling but at home so I can go at my own pace. Good luck let us know.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

September 29, 2014 at 10:41 am

Meant to say don’t recommend back at 6 weeks because of that unless it’s dancing and not inverting etc. floor work, and flexibility is fine though.

• Westie

September 30, 2014 at 3:19 am

I am only new to pole and started 12 weeks post partum. For a newbie it’s great to follow Veena’s 30 program to rebuild your core strength before really getting into pole work. I feel great already

• claireebearr

October 2, 2014 at 2:39 am

I waited til 6mth pp because I have a diastasis recti (where your abs separate down the centre). It was hell waiting so long (did circuit classes & gentle spins & some floorwork meanwhile) but worth it. Bub is now 8mths & in another month I’m confident I’ll be back where I was/better in another month (hope so – doing the student showcase!!). To check your abs lie on your back & gently lift head & shoulders. Feel with your fingers how deep & wide the gap is. Avoid anything which makes your tummy bulge out while you’re doing it e.g crunches, double leg lifts, frontal plank etc until the gap is closed or tiny 🙂 I didn’t know any of this first time around & couldn’t understand why my abs didn’t ‘work’ anymore. Took me 2yrs to even attempt pole again :-/

• claireebearr

October 2, 2014 at 2:41 am

Rhe blog at http://www.pregnancyexercise.co.nz explains how to check & exercises to help heal diastasis, even if you’re a long time post partum. (Not my website or anything, sorry if not allowed x)