StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New! First pole?

• Alexis Corinne

August 26, 2014 at 9:43 am

I would try to go to a studio to see what poles they have and get a feel.
    If you can.

I like my 45mm chrome. It’s nice. 45mm is most common if you’re shorter than like 5’1 then 40mm might be better for you. But yeah. 45mm

• Leanne Love

August 26, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Not sure where Clarksfield is in relation to Minneapolis, but I just saw someone posted about selling their 50 mm chrome Xpert (stationary/static) in Minneapolis here on SV.
    I personally started on a 50 mm chrome but eventually sold it and bought a 45 mm titanium gold. For me, I’m not a very tall lady and I have somewhat small hands, so the 50 mm was a bit too big for me (though I still learned quite a bit on my 50mm!). My hands also got very slippery on the chrome, even in colder weather, as I sweat pretty easily. That being said, everyone’s skin type and hand size is different and there are many people out there who enjoy using a 50 mm chrome pole.
    A general rule I’ve heard is that larger diameter poles are easier to grip between your thighs but harder to grip with your hands (teaches you to build some great hand grip though!) whereas skinnier poles are easier to grip with your hands but more difficult to grip between your thighs. Before purchasing my 45 mm TG I went around my house with a measuring tape looking for things with 2″, 1.75″, and 1.5″ diameters! Lol! But it gives you an idea of how large a pole will be in relation to your hands (alternatively, I’m sure you could find different sized piping at a hardware/home improvement store). Hope that helps!

• cardboardboxesoflove

August 26, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Thanks everyone! I think I’m going to go with a 45mm titanium gold. Heard it’s in between grip strength and average mm. I’m 5’3″ so I have little hands.