StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Alberta Veeners here?

• Alberta Veeners here?

Posted by wildroseusana7879 on September 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Hey I am looking to possibly meet up with Albertan pole dancers. Im the type where its easier to learn and stay on task with someone to bounce back and forth with (ideas, encouragement, practice etc).
    so any Albertan’s out there? Edmonton would be to far though as I live more Southern Alberta 🙂

Sammi23 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • dustbunny

September 11, 2014 at 10:34 am

Have you considered skyping? You’ll find loads of people here who may not live in Alberta but would love to pole with you non the less.
    And it’s really easy!

• Krissykiki

September 11, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I’m in Northern British Columbia!

• Anonyma

September 11, 2014 at 12:26 pm

im in alberta!

• KuriKat

September 11, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I’m an Edmontonian – I think there’s a great pole community here.

If you’re closer to Calgary, there is a pretty big pole community there, too. They’re even hosting the Alberta Pole Fitness Championship this weekend. I was considering going, but decided the prices for the workshops + registration were too high for what was on offer. But you might find that you can attend a drop in at a studio there and meet other polers in person.

• Anonyma

September 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm

hey there where are the schedule workshop schedules and prices couldnt find it

• KuriKat

September 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Oh I tried to do an inline link, but I guess that code isn’t allowed here. Anyway, here’s the poster for the comp: http://www.strutfitness.ca/#!2014-cpfa-abpole-fitness-championships/c1tqt and workshops taking place the same weekend: http://www.internationalpolecamp.com/2014-event.html

• KuriKat

September 12, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Unfortunately, their SEO and web marketing is terrible.

• wildroseusana7879

September 12, 2014 at 3:12 pm

OOOooo so glad you ladies replied! thanks DustBunny ya I guess I could do skyping hey!!
    Im Lethbridge so there is only one studio here, Kitties in Heels but now its called Acrobatic Angels. Its where I took my first classes but Im broke soooo ya lol.
    Olivia are you Calgary area then? and KiriKat i remember!!! I used to live there and dance was huge (didnt know about pole then) but I miss Edmonton. This damb Deathbridge haha.
    Well I just moved so Im trying to find a place for my pole, but if anyones open to skyping that would be awsome!!!

CHEERS!

• Sammi23

September 13, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Fellow Albertan here as well! Of course I’m closer to the Edmonton area as well, found a great community at Aradia in Stony Plain where I take lessons as well as the Veena lessons. I know what you mean about the expense, might have to hold off on the studio lessons for a while, my wallet hates me so much right now, lol!