StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions names of moves

• names of moves

Posted by licia on December 7, 2009 at 3:52 pm

is there a list or a list with pics of moves somewhere? one of my instructors doesnt know the names of many of the moves or uses alternate names (ie she didnt know the name of the chopper/ inverted v position)- so b/c of this i dont know the names of many of the moves.
    (for static pole) Spins: we have learned ferry, flying pole cat, ronde hook (not sure how to spell that), chair, carousel and the candy-cane and the one where you spin around knees to nose, horizontally to the floor (i cant even remember the name to that one). Are there more spins that arent just a variation of these basic ones?

PoleAdventures replied 2 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • SissyBuns

December 7, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Try checking out http://www.wikipole.org.

I think the spin you’re talking about with the knees to the nose is the craddle.

• minicoopergrl

December 7, 2009 at 5:21 pm

wikipole is good b/c it should have variations of the names. You can also try Vertical Dance, KT has pics of all the moves and poses. Im not very good w/names but as soon as you show me the move, I remember.

• lisasousa272015

December 2, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I bought a book of elements on amazon, wowkurs.linsale.com called the 424 elements, but i have a hard time trying to use them along with veena. Many of the names are completely different and when i search this site sometimes don’t even find that name. Ex. Pendulum, but i know it’s something Veena does. I can’t really use the book, cus half the time I can’t fingure out how to get into that position, so i hope to have Veena show me.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 3, 2021 at 1:32 am

That’s too bad the names are so different. At one point the pole community was trying to unit and have a lost of names that were standard. I was part of it at first, not sure what ever happened. Would have been nice. I try to use descriptive names.

• PoleAdventures

December 3, 2021 at 10:20 am

There is also the PDC (Pole Dance Community) Syllabus. When you register on the PDC Website, you can download the Syllabus. Otherwise, I uploaded the Syllabus on my google drive, so you can download it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YmzLvPhC4NbnnOnPnyjsw9heWPf3r6ev/view?usp=sharing

The moves are listed by level. I use it too on my phone as app (it’s paid but not expensive). You can work through the levels and use Veenas lessons as instruction.