StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole alone – Safety

• Pole alone – Safety

Posted by imgalvin6056 on November 8, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Hi
    I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here as I am not able to do any major tricks yet but thinking ahead – many more skilled moves recommend having a spotter
    I live alone with 4 cats who although happy to spot are useless in the case of emergency !!
    I take my phone with me to the basement but that’s my only safety measure . I also have a crash mat .
    Does anyone have any tips or thoughts on how to tackle learning inverts etc when you live alone
    Thanks 🙏

imgalvin6056 replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 8, 2022 at 9:16 pm

This is a great question!

If you continue to follow the tutorials (in order) and listening to your body. Staying within your physical abilities (this is most important for all pole peeps) you’ll be fine. My programs and tutorials are designed for home learning, so it’s different than most studio’s. I like everyone to error on the side of caution and never encourage you to push beyond comfort levels.

I do know that crazy accidents can happen tho, I broke 2 toes over the summer doing normal things like walking into a coffee table then later a couch lol

If you’re wanting someone who could help in an emergency, you could see if someone wanted to meet with you online, youtube, instagram, tiktok facebook, discord, facetime, there are all kinds of apps too. You can practice together or maybe they’re just willing to be there, if needed. This would allow you to have someone who can call for help if needed.

I always have my phone near me just in case!

• imgalvin6056

November 8, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Thanks Veena that was my sense as well . I feel your tutorials are very safety conscious and let’s ones body adjust before pushing the limits
    Like you the only accidents I have had have being doing normal everyday stuff . I fractured my skull after falling down an outside stairs while on vacation in Tofino – simple trip
    Good Idea to have a friend online in real time . I also have a panic alarm so that’s another safety measure
    I actually feel safer at home than in a studio when I feel the pressure to do what everyone else can do and then my body says a resounding No
    Thanks for the wise advice