StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Inside leg hang nemesis

• Inside leg hang nemesis

Posted by yvonnesh336078 on August 21, 2021 at 7:59 am

Help! I am really struggling with the inside leg hang. I find it really hard to get my leg in the right contact point with the pole and end up with very pained and bruised thighs πŸ˜€ Any tips on the weight placement and how to get the thighs feeling more comfortable?

Veena replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 21, 2021 at 3:49 pm

The best way to help would be if you could upload a video. Otherwise the only advice I can offer is what you’ve heard in the video lesson for it here. Trouble shooting is more accurate with a video πŸ™‚

• yvonnesh336078

August 21, 2021 at 5:55 pm

How do I attach a video? It only seems to allow me to attach photos

• Veena

Administrator
    August 21, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Just copy and paste a link or upload a video on the video uploader here…you cont directly upoad to a discussion

• yvonnesh336078

August 22, 2021 at 6:59 am

Ah ok thanks so much! I’ve attached my really bad attempt at it Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€š I started from outside leg hang so I could get the waist in the right position. But then when I move in the inside leg, it’s really painful when the thighs rub against the pole and I’m not sure if it’s at the correct spot.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2vgcaJPkt0s?feature=share

• Veena

Administrator
    August 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

So, when you first move into the inside leg hang is looks great. The majority of the grip should be the thigh. Opening the hip will only be secure and comfortable if you move into long scorpio and drop and turn your torso away from the pole like shown in min 5:08 https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5f1f9d00-94a0-4c63-9b9e-0f34ac110005

So the shifting (opening the knee out to the side) is detrimental to this pose. I think I mention in the lesson how it’s much like a tuck hip hold. Keep working on the hip hold and scorpio and the skin will get use to the pole pressing on it.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 24, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Did my suggestions help?