StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hello! And training advice needed

• Hello! And training advice needed

Posted by aruss7622 on May 17, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Hi! I’m new to Studio Veena’s site (it’s fantastic!) and looking for advice. I’m wondering how others on here integrate the online lessons with their in person pole instruction. I’ve been dancing for a little under 2 years on and off. I’ve been dancing at a local studio approximately 2 times a week, doing a mix of spins, climbs, tricks and floorwork. Level wise, when I look at content on here, I’d been mostly working on what’s represented in intermediate 3 although there’s stuff from previous levels I’d like to revisit too, including a few tricks I still haven’t learned. My question is, how do others on this site mix this training with their live lessons? I don’t want to overtrain but I would like to do these lessons as they are very specific and I think they will help with mastery. Any advice? Thanks everyone!

Veena replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • amelia2000

May 17, 2022 at 6:36 pm

So although Veena has fantastic programs for specific stuff, I prefer to dip in as needed.
    I like using some of the workouts as a warmup (eg ticktock legs routine) and then for learning new moves/ revisiting old ones pick 1-2 things to work on per session.
    Watch videos before your sessions, I find I cool down too quickly watching during the session. Only watch what you are actually learning during the session (eg you watch various videos beforehand and you choose to work on martini and jasmine, so favourite them beforehand)

• Veena

Administrator
    May 17, 2022 at 10:29 pm

Hi aruss! Welcome. I’d say the biggest thing will be to make sure you’re getting enough rest. For example, when I use to go to the gym to lift weights, I would pole dance the same day as my gym workouts so I could have full rest days.

As amelia said, there’s a lot here. I also suggest watching videos you want to work on before training with them. Take notes so you have them when you practice. You can save videos to FAVORITES for later too. That would be one way to create a list or plan for yourself.

Another tip is to use the Search box. This can save you time when looking for things. I have tried to do my best to add several common names to each lesson so it will pop up with a search.

• aruss7622

May 18, 2022 at 12:45 am

Thanks Veena! You are right, that is my biggest problem. In addition to dancing I still work with a weightlifting trainer 1-2 times a week. I probably need to pick and choose at this point as I’m spreading myself too thin. One question: on rest days, do you recommend stretching, or just total rest? Eg walking? I definitely need training frequency guidance.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 18, 2022 at 12:50 am

If you’re stretching to gain flexibility then do this on the same days you workout. If you’re stretching to maintain and chill then yes, you can that on rest days.