StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Brass Monkey Help

• Brass Monkey Help

Posted by Diana Kurtz on March 1, 2023 at 8:25 am

Hello again, when I drop down into my brass monkey, I notice my leg that hooks onto the pole the ankle turns at a weird angle instead of nice, pointed toes. I think it has something to do with the way I am hooking the knee? I try to roll into position to get a good grip, but it also looks like my thigh may not be as aligned with the pole as I thought. Any help is appreciated.

Veena replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 1, 2023 at 3:51 pm

Which entry are you using? Do you have video, that would be most helpful for troubleshooting

• Diana Kurtz

March 2, 2023 at 3:04 am

Thank you, I drop down from a sit.I am having some trouble downloading the video to this chat, but will continue to try. Thank you for your help!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2023 at 3:07 am

You can’t upload to the thread you need to post a link 😁

• Diana Kurtz

March 2, 2023 at 3:11 am

I am not tech savvy and it’s in my Google photos, so let’s see if this works.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ibsnHLk5VANZBaM19

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2023 at 3:20 am

It worked! So to me the knee pit grip looks solid. Does it feel like it’s not? Do you feel like you’re slipping?

From what I see it looks like the foot and ankle are just sickling (turning in) common when we work on things that require focus on another area of the leg.

• Diana Kurtz

March 2, 2023 at 4:10 am

Thank you so much! It’s hard to tell because it doesn’t feel secure but then I generally don’t have problems holding it. So I guess I just need to be mindful of turning my toes out? I appreciate your help!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2023 at 4:15 am

I would suggest trying a different entry. I find that from the sit I get the worst grip in my knee pit. It’s hard to sink into it from that entry.

Try a different entry and let me know if it goes better for you.