StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x pole makes thud noise on spin mode

• x pole makes thud noise on spin mode

Posted by polebunny on March 15, 2015 at 7:38 am

hi all!!! i have recently started back into poling after having my baby, i’m using the lessons now too! anyway, i have an original xpole, static and spin. on spin mode it seems like it makes a “thud” noise everytime i spin past one particular spot….seems like i had this problem before, but i can’t remember what the fix was!!! any advice?

SweetLavender replied 6 years, 2 months ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Felicia D

March 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm

I have this problem too!! No clue what causes it!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    March 16, 2015 at 12:03 am

Thudding tends to be caused by a pole whose dome is not flush with the ceiling so it ends up with a lopsided spin.

• polebunny

March 17, 2015 at 1:59 pm

thanks guys! today is a rest day so i’m going to take it down and try to put it in straighter! thanks again

• Stephanie X Pole

March 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Hi there- Please try setting up your pole correctly and making sure the dome is flush with the ceiling. As well- it sounds like you have an Original X-Pole- it could be that over time your pole was over tightened to the ceiling – overtightening puts too much pressure on the bearings and this can cause problems with spin mode. Make sure the pole is not Over tightened to the ceiling as well. Please contact X-Pole US info@xpoleus.com if you have any other questions or for tech support.

Thank you!

• Syren

March 18, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Sounds like over tightening to me. Mine makes that noise if I screw it too tight against the ceiling.

• polebunny

March 23, 2015 at 9:47 am

thank you so much guys! i still haven’t taken it down yet i’ve just been so busy, and i can’t do it when my baby is awake lol!!! i’m definitely getting it done this week!

• yrngrl

March 25, 2015 at 1:14 pm

When mine did that, it was because it was too tight against the ceiling. Backing it off a half a turn or so fixed it.

• cukemace2665

January 3, 2018 at 11:21 am

Dear all,
    I just installed a Xpert X-pole in my apartment. As expected, when I set it to spinning mode, it makes irritating noise. The noise comes somewhere between the dome and the top insert. I tried to loosen the tightness of the pole against ceiling, but it did not work. I also sprayed a bit of WD40, but no luck.
    Any suggestions?

• Veena

Administrator
    January 3, 2018 at 4:54 pm

Try reassembling it and if that doesn’t change it call xpole.😊

• mertilosandra7947

January 3, 2018 at 6:31 pm

I had the same issue for a long time. What I ended up doing was completely unmount the micro base plate (unmounting in this case was just removing the screws holding it together). Then I sprayed some WD40 on each and every unmounted piece. I let it sit for like an hour, gently wiped the excess lub and then put it all back together. Had no more issue ever since.

• SweetLavender

January 3, 2018 at 8:28 pm

This happened to make when I first got my xpole. It’s probably over tightened. Lossen the pole by one turn & see what happens. Worked for me😜