StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions which is better private pole lessons or pole class in studio

• which is better private pole lessons or pole class in studio

Posted by mystical on October 26, 2016 at 4:17 am

I have the chance to do both, I would have to drive a hour in a half to get there but i think it will be worth it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Vangel replied 7 years, 4 months ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Lita2422

October 26, 2016 at 11:03 am

Hello Mystical! I would definitely go for private class. In private class instructor will care only about you and what you are able to do at the moment and what you need for future. Of course it’s different in every place but I would be doing pole dance one year more if I would have a normal first pole class experience, in one school instructor started with Peter Pen in other with invert which is totally mad and dangerous. After one year I found this website and since that I am doing pole dance only at home and with Veena’s lessons. I am working out 4-6 times a week from January 2016. Now I feel ready to go and try classes in studio. Or I will try to have some private classes as well. Thank’s for idea 🙂

• mystical

October 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

thank you Lita2422 Your right about both of those which i wasn’t thinking of that, I want the one that will be more safe for me. I will most likely do the private lessons first then try the class setting.

• AllysonKendal

October 26, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I would give both a try. There are valuable things to be taken from both. But trying out both and seeing where you feel comfortable would be great.

I personally had a really got experience with private lessons at an instructors house. But I’ve hear horror stories… bad technique, or really unprofessional instructors. I have a friend who said she’d pay for a hour and the woman would be on the phone, or yelling at her kids. Going to someone’s house can be hit or miss.

Same with studios. I’ve been to a few, and I’m comfortable at the one I’m at. And I feel like a little more likely to push myself in a class then just with a single instructor.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2016 at 11:14 pm

I would say private first, you’ll be able to have devoted attention.

• jdh2006

October 27, 2016 at 3:13 am

If you’re going to go the privates route, I recommend having an idea of what you want to work on. What do you want to try to accomplish by the end of the year? What move are you really struggling with at home that more hands on direction would be beneficial? That way the teacher can come up with a lesson plan for you. My teacher gives me homework after privates and sometimes after a class. She tells me what moves I need to focus on, gives me direction for how to improve it on my own, will tell me what moves she’s not comfortable with me working on just yet by myself, and lets me know what muscles I need to try to strengthen up.

• Amelia72

October 27, 2016 at 9:22 am

I had private lessons for a while but found my instructor focussed too much on what wasn’t right for me,too many spins and not enough figures etc. Also there was no motivation to crack moves because someone else in the class could,so maybe try both?

• LatinPoler

October 27, 2016 at 9:49 pm

About the devoted attention, it can be good and bad… If you are shy and prefer not to get too much attention, to work at your own pace, then private can be overwhelming I believe. Also, can be less motivating, since you are missing the possible fun and support of your class mates. But it can be great too, if you find the right instructor. As others said, I would try both and then decide. What works for me is group class in my local studio, and polish and practice at home with Veena’s lessons.

• mystical

October 28, 2016 at 3:13 am

Thank you all for the great advice, I like the idea of working on a goal and having the instructor come up with a plan for me to work on at home. I am thinking more of doing the private lessons first a couple times then doing a class.

• Vangel

December 1, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Hi, I’ve just joined here, so hello! 🙂 I have done two terms in a studio class and privates and I feel like they are both good, but I really progressed so much more in the private lesson. I think for beginners learning spins and things lessons are a fun way to do it because everyone has fun and it’s not too serious, but when you get up to more intermediate levels in classes, I found it gets more “serious” and with those really tough moves it can feel really deflating when 2 or 3 girls get it right away and you are still struggling (first hand experience there!). I think, ideal would be a class for beginner, then some privates on the side to nail tricks or things you’re not getting in class. But if you can’t do both for money or time reasons, and you’re beyond beginner, I’d go with private lessons.

• quancutie23

December 1, 2016 at 1:53 pm

When I started I did private didn’t want group lessons I wanted the studio to myself and I wanted more one on one attention and I got really good. Year later I did group classes once I didn’t need a spotter. I enjoy group learn cool moves and techniques from other students. Honestly I do group just for the social atmosphere. So it’s really your mood and what you are working on and need help that will help you decide what you need.

• Vangel

December 2, 2016 at 4:04 am

Yes definitely agree! I think it depends on a lot of factors, even your personality and how you learn! 👍😊❤️