StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions vertical dance online instructor qualification

• vertical dance online instructor qualification

Posted by aryannapoledancer on June 6, 2011 at 9:01 am

Hi there,

I'm already teching pole dance but i would like to get certified.

I was thinking of Vertical Dance online qualification and was wondering, what would you suggest?

Has someone experienced kt coates' method?

I'm worried because at a certain point it says we are required to shoot an uncut video teaching to at least two students so that she can correct us while teaching.. but..what about the language?

I can speak english but if I talk to my students in a foreign language how they will react?

has someone gone thorough this?

Veena replied 7 years, 2 months ago 12 Members · 34 Replies
  • 34 Replies
  • emotioncatcher

December 8, 2011 at 7:14 am

hey aryanna, i know this is an old thread…. but have you found out some new information or even got certified online? I´m planning to get an online certification in the future, too, once I have enough money ^^

• aryannapoledancer

December 8, 2011 at 11:32 am

hi emotion, I totally forgot I have posted this!

Anyway, yes I'm getting certified with Vertical Dance and KT Coates is training me.

I have been checking training offer in Italy but I still I am not convinced it's enough, they do not give me a professional impression yet.
    I have finally chosen VD instructor training course and every day I open my manualsto study I thank God I have taken the right decision.

If you have any question about the course I am willing to share my experience with you, ok?

Apart from YT channel, which I have too, do you have a Fb account where we can chat?

KT, If you ever read this post I realy really proud to e one of your students and hope you'll be proud of me! <3

I

• emotioncatcher

December 9, 2011 at 2:51 am

that´s great. I´m still considering whether I should get also the VD training or this one: http://www.discoveriesdance.com/#!distance-course

did you get the training with the fitness module? 

I really want to learn something about anatomy, too, but it would cost more at verticaldance while discoveriesdance already includes it for a lower price.

here´s my facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1257823636

would be great to hear something about your experiences! 

• tarah

December 9, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Emotioncatcher – I just completed the discoveries dance training home study option. Angel sends you manuals and a DVD, and there is a lot of anatomy! I thought it was excellent. In fact I,ve been meaning to post about it but been busy 🙂

• PaulettePoles

December 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Tarah- another thing we have in common, lol!

I am taking Angel's course right now. I love it! I am a registered nurse so I am familiar w anatomy. Her course is right on target.

I dont have any plans at this time to teach, but I am a business planner so the entire field interests me! I am also interested in taking other certifiction classes- just to see a different perspective as well.

I originally contacted ETED, but they never got back to me, then I found Discoveries.

I am curious to know of others experience w different certifications and recommendations. You can never learn too much! I know everyone recommends being ACE certified, but I am really only interested in pole (at this time) and Im not teaching currently so Im not worried about that just yet.

• tarah

December 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Omg! That’s so funny! ETED’s is also very good but you don’t get a certification until you complete the advanced training, which can’t be done by distance. You have to go to a live training for it. I loved angel’s course 🙂

• Dancing Paws

December 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Is there a link to angel’s corse I could look at?? I like checking out the different pole betts.

• Dancing Paws

December 9, 2011 at 7:14 pm

*certs

• psychoholicslag

December 9, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I have taken KT's courses and have thoroughly enjoyed them. They have been a huge asset! I couldn't imagine teaching without them. After looking over the Discoveries site, that program looks to be very informative too. Looks like either one of these would be beneficial.

• PaulettePoles

December 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Here is the link for Angel's course:

http://www.discoveriesdance.com/&nbsp;

What is in KT's courses that is different- ie- ETED has business stuff- Angel's has anatomy, etc..

Thanks for the info

• PaulettePoles

December 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Here is the link for Angel's course:

http://www.discoveriesdance.com/&nbsp;

What is in KT's courses that is different- ie- ETED has business stuff- Angel's has anatomy, etc..

Thanks for the info

• psychoholicslag

December 9, 2011 at 9:37 pm

KT's has anatomy too. She goes over bones and muscles, how to stretch, how to warm-up and cool-down, etc.

• Mary Ellyn

December 9, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Paulette…so sorry to hear you had trouble reaching me? Did we ever talk or did I not receive your email for some reason?

We've added some changes to our online program and will have updated videos and manuals after the holidays.

Our online program is the exact same content as our live program but I do not believe in offering a certification through a correspondance course so you are not "certified" until you take a live course and until then it's a certificate of completion. Which I believe is the same as most of the other online courses.

ETED's program includes anatomy & physiology as it applies to pole dancing as well as instructional techniques, lesson planning, choreography, building your program and business aspects – although the business aspects apply primarily to US businesses.

You can read more about our various options for instructor training and certification here:
    http://www.PoleDancerCertification.com

• Legend

December 10, 2011 at 12:58 am

I'm also taking the VD course atm! and i'm really enjoying it, i'm so glad I decided to do it, really had no business teaching otherwise, so I strongly recomend it.

To avoid the headache that would be making the videos (student shyness, language barrier, time consuming, etc) I'm doing the UK course.

emotioncatcher: If you want to know more about it, you know how to reach me 😉

• emotioncatcher

December 10, 2011 at 3:58 am

so interesting to read all the different opinions and experiences. all programs seem to be worth the money. I think I´ll get the cert from discoveries pole dance first as it seems to cover also beginner to advanced move and I don´t have a lot of money at the moment (I´m a student^^), maybe I can later take some other certs which only focus on one level 

I also found a online group fitness certification in germany, which also is not too expensive. I hope I can get this one in future, too. But until I have the money for that one, I found some great books on amazon which cover at least what you theoretical would learn. 

I really like that there is a lot of anatomy covered. One of my school leaving examination was in sports, so I already learned a lot about training theory and kinetics, but anatomy was only very little covered.

Does anyone know more about the videos Legend mentioned? I have no problem teaching in english as most I read about pole dance is anyway in english, but what if my student doesn´t understand some terms? Is it okay if you sometimes repeat things for your student in your language if she doesn´t undertand?

Page 1 of 3