StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions star stand alone stage??

• star stand alone stage??

Posted by nursienunu on May 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

hey everyone

im so stuck!!! woul you reckon the star stand alone pole. have you got one an do u like it?? HELP!!! xx

Stephanie Lynn replied 7 years ago 11 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

May 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm

At the risk of starting another heated debate, here is a thread that will show you good, bad and ugly.

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/4f060878-eb00-4855-81b3-3e7a0ac37250

• chemgoddess1

May 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm
  • nursienunu

May 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Thank u very much 🙂 I have watched the vid before that veena did I think she had one of the first ones that came out… X will watch the vids now xxx

• chemgoddess1

May 10, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Both side by sides are with the newest versions of both poles.

• nursienunu

May 11, 2012 at 3:36 pm

thank you 🙂

• donnalee

May 11, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I bought a Platinum Stage Star Stand Alone and am very happy with it. I have seen the first review video here posted and thought, "Oh my goodness…..are the pieces of my stage able to flip around like I saw in the video? I have not noticed this yet? " So I walked all around my stage and the pieces are secure.  No flipping. I have a newer model since the review video, so perhaps the stage iteself has been improved.  I really like my Platinum Stages pole : )

• ShellyBelly

May 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Hi there! I just bought this pole and couldn’t be more happy with it! I tried my hardest to tip it and can’t. I do also have the newer version though. I would definitely recommend it!

• chemgoddess1

May 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm

As I have said before, it is not so much the tipping as it is the walking when you do power spins like reverse grabs.  Being tall and 160 lbs I cannot do a single spin on the lighter stage poles without having it walk.  I even walked an older version of the PS stage (the kind with the big wooden box) that did not have sand bags.  I have had the X try to walk but just the sheer weight of the base does not allow it.  

• Dancing Paws

May 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Just based on what I've seen, it looks like the star stand alone is good mostly for shorter girls and lighter girls: a) because of the walking that can happen just from the torque of more weight and a higher distribution of the weight, and b) the pole is shorter. Taller girls would probably be better off on a x stage as it can stand a greater outward force and the pole is taller. Just my observations though, and I am sure that there are taller girls who work just fine on a star stand alone. 🙂

• AllysonKendal

June 6, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Since I’m bored at work I thought I’d give my review of my platinum stages star stand alone. I figured I’d just add to an existing thread…

I had Pollbull over last Wed. and I set up my SSA for the 2nd time ever. I have the EZ connect model. I believe it’s v3.0. It has a 2 foot extender, making the pole about 9+ ft (cap and base bump the whole thing up to above 9 ft clearance needed).

Also as an FYI, I bought it used for what I feel was a very good price.

Set up: So easy. I keep it in my garage in my son’s old wagon (with the sides off, it won’t fit with the sides up) and wheel it out. It goes together so fast, maybe 5 minutes to assemble max.

Break down: everything comes apart as fast as it goes up… With one BIG exception…. The pole. I cannot get the EZ connect joint apart. To be fair I’ve only really tried one time. But I REALLY tried. I even called PS and they gave my great advice but alas… My pole is still stuck together. My arms were very tired from poling at that point so I was going to have my husband try… But I haven’t yet. There is plenty of room for it in the garage as is, but this makes it less transportable, and I’d like to store the pole inside because I am a bit worried about rust.

Base: I’ve only ever used the base on the grass. It feels very stable. The way the (newer versions of the) pole fits into the center stops the pieces from popping up as you walk. Mine fit together great. No complaints. Mine has both black and pink pieces. The black pieces get VERY hot in the sun. Pollbull and I were hopping around on the pink pieces! I feel like the base is very stable. I’m not advanced enough to make it walk, but Polebull was poling way more advanced that I was and there was no movement to the base. I think it being on the grass helped. It might be different on hardwood floors.

The pole: it’s a 50mm stainless. Maybe not what I would have chosen new… I prefer a 45mm. The stainless is nice. It feels stickier then my chrome.. Well it was until I started sweating profusely front the heat. But I really do like the stainless. I’m very happy on that account. It’s stable to me. Again I’m not the most advanced poler but I never feel a lot of side to side movement on the pole. You notice it sometimes on video but I never feel it. Maybe Polebull did, she was definitely doing way bigger tricks. Changing between static and spin is a breeze, it’s just removing or adding a pin. The spin is very fluid, so no complaints there. I’m 5ft 7.5in and have no issues with height but I have the extension.

Overall I really like it. I got a great deal on it, so that’s also nice.

Hoped this helped someone!!!

• Legs4Days

June 6, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Ditto Allyson on EVERYTHING u said lol. Same model, version,etc here.

• Charley

June 10, 2014 at 2:14 pm

They are fine for lighter people and if you don’t use a ton of momentum. I just used one for a small show and I was fine – I had forgotten how much more the pole moves with you and nearly flipped all the way over in a handspring. My friend was gracious enough to lend it to me and it did the job just fine. The same pole was used last fall for a small show and one of my students who is taller and a great spinner on static MOVED the pole across the stage and it did tip. She is NOT particularly heavy but she is strong and tall. It scared the heck out of her. My friend who owns the pole and I agree it’s not great for taller or faster spinners.

• AllysonKendal

July 23, 2014 at 8:26 am

Webjunk requested a pic of my wagon with stage parts.

• WebJunk

July 23, 2014 at 8:44 am

Is that all the parts except the pole? If I get the same pole, could make a great way to cart the pole for storage or taking it to someone elses house. Just need to build a frame to hold the parts a little neater. But are you now depriving a kid of his wagon?

• AllysonKendal

July 23, 2014 at 8:48 am

Haha. My son is almost 11, and hasn’t used the wagon in years.
    That is everything but the pole. I don’t really bring it anywhere besides in and out of the garage and it works just fine for that.

Page 1 of 2