StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions options for hanging lyra in a small room?

• options for hanging lyra in a small room?

Posted by hoopfairy on June 2, 2018 at 2:16 pm

I’ve been taking classes in lyra and silks to add to my repitoire and loving them. my instructor has just cleared me for unsupervised practice time and im already looking at options to have a low level training set up in my home. The problem is our ceilings are just shy of 8ft (at a hair over 7’11”) and all freestanding rigs in the uk are 8ft minimum 🙁

id also rather not have the legs in the way as id like to leave the hanging point up most if not all the time and just remove the hoop/silks.

much rather be safe though.
    our ceiling has a pebbledash paint job but you can see visable outlines of what i assume are the joists, but i have no idea how structural or weight bearing they are and what stresses are already running through them.
    can anyone point me in the right direction?

i want to do this in my pole room which is upstairs and if a freestanding rig was up the pole would be unusable untill i took the frame down and i’d like to avoid having to dismantle pole and frame multiple times a week.

i think its probarbly a suspended ceiling and the building is around 25-30 years old.

im terrified of causing damage to the building or myself if not done right!

hoopfairy replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 3, 2018 at 10:44 pm

With aerial equipment you’ll want a professional to hang it if you’re not familiar with the house.

• hoopfairy

June 5, 2018 at 11:54 am

I’d thought as much, always better to be safe than sorry.

by any chance if anyone owns the x-pole a frame, would anyonebe willing be to measure the height to the highest point of the frame (minimum ceiling clearance). the specs say 8ft but i’m hoping thats a rounded number and it might still just about fit under my 7ft 11.6 inch ceiling (im guessing the ceiling would be 8ft but the carpet raises the floor a touch.