StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions how many times a week do you exercise and do your pole work?

• how many times a week do you exercise and do your pole work?

Posted by mystical on January 29, 2019 at 6:33 pm

I been slacking on my exercise, I am going to start exercising 5 days a week, I will do pole work 3 or 4 days a week. What form of exercise do you do other then pole work? I was thinking of getting into yoga.

mystical replied 5 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • LatinPoler

January 29, 2019 at 11:00 pm

I would recommend lower body centric cardio like power walking, running or cycling. Pole is a very complete workout but in my opinion it does not provide enough cardio, specially if you only do tricks and not dance. Yoga is fine, but beware that it can be shoulder and wrist intensive (downward dogs, planks, etc.) and pole is also shoulder and writst intensive. You may want to choose a sport that fills in the pole gaps.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 30, 2019 at 12:55 am

Walking and swimming are great low impact options!! Walking is something that is easy to do and make time for. If you struggle to maintain a workout schedule it’s a good way to create a habit!

• mystical

January 30, 2019 at 1:30 am

Thanks ladies, Both of you have great ideas.

LatinPoler I am trying to get into the habit of incorporating dance into my pole dance instead of just tricks but im not good at choreography at all so it will take time. I could do zumba, I love dance workouts.

Veena, walking is great, its so cold right now but on a day where its nice out i will start walking.

I am definitely going to start yoga and zumba or cize cause those are workouts i feel i will stick with.

Plus i could keep a journal of what i do and how many minutes i did it for.

• LatinPoler

January 30, 2019 at 2:09 am

Zumba is a great idea! I think it can help you with pole dance and flow in general, as it’s dance based. I used to love it years ago, when I was a gym rat 🙂 Then I discovered running and pole and I have not stepped into a gym in years.

Agreed with Veena, sometimes we set the bar too high and we don not stick to a routine because of it… walking is great, easy, you can do it almost anywhere. Plus personally being outdoors help me boost my mood. Hopefully when winter is over you can do it.

• amelia2000

February 3, 2019 at 6:30 am

Walking or running is good even when it’s a bit cold (where I’m from the worst is -5, your winters are probs worse!), because you can combine it with strengthening exercises while you go: walking lunges, press-ups/plank variations/dips on park benches, stepping/jumping exercises on steps…

• mystical

February 3, 2019 at 7:03 pm

great idea amelia2ooo, the weather is around that sometimes colder. thanks

• PoleAdventures

February 6, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Yoga is great beside pole!
    I do pole work (including strength, new tricks, smooth out nailed ones, dancing aka my cardio) 3 to 4 times a week and the other days light yoga or sweaty yoga, depends on what my body needs. If you feel like you should rest, take a light yoga session with moves you alredy well know and don’t let you sweat or breath fast.
    I use yoga for flexibility too, that active stretch thing was a great help for my overall flexibility and range of motion for pole tricks.
    I also work on the stands as you in my yoga sessions. But keep watch that you have light yoga or full rest days between your heavier pole training days!

• PoleAdventures

February 6, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Oh what I forgot:
    I like to train yoga with a few simple but cool apps:

– Do you yoga (my favourite, also with webplatform, for a small fee you have access to thousand of quality courses depending on what you like to train!!)
    – Keep Yoga (great for ALL levels)
    – Stretch It (more focussed on flexibility but on my opinion based on yoga moves, a bit more advanced)

• mystical

February 6, 2019 at 4:51 pm

PoleAdventure thank you, I will check those apps out, I do like yoga and its something i think i will stick with. when i was doing jillian micheals workouts years ago thats when i found yoga and i was able to do crow pose, I cant do that now. I know once i get into a routine i will be unstoppable. I could do yoga for my main workout, do some dance workout, plus put pole work in.