StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions fed up with my slippery pole

• fed up with my slippery pole

Posted by unicorn on April 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hi 

yet another thread about slippery poles!

I just cannot use my dam pole .. its so slippery I have no grip at all on it

when I go to my pole lessons , the poles are great , I come home try mine and I have to give up, its useless

I have tried just washing it down with warm water, a clean cloth, I even bought some rubbing Alcohol and tried that today,it seems to have made it worse..unless the cold has something to do with it 

Any suggestions on how to make my pole less slippy?

Cheers Guys  x

rse

JessMcG replied 4 years ago 26 Members · 35 Replies
  • 35 Replies
  • XLauraX

April 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I use liquid chalk and white distilled vingar. Works a treat! 

• XLauraX

April 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm

forgot to say, the liquid chalk on my hands, the vinegar on a cloth and rub it up and down the pole. x 

• PJ Piglet Poles

April 13, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I have a TG xpert…and for a LONG time I couldn't stick to that pole and I was….BITTER!  But alas, after trying; vodka, vinegar, mighty grip, shaving cream, hairspray, iTac and Dry hands. After much trial and error I found that the best combination for me was Dry hands in conjunction with rubbing alcohol on the pole  and this seems to have solved my issue.  I also moisturize with Cetaphil lotion and that seems to have really made a difference.  

Keep trying…you will find your magic potion!  xo

• JeHanne

April 13, 2011 at 2:39 pm

The best thing that has worked for me is rubbing alcohol used with a clean towel. I air dry my pole towels so they are not get softeners from dryer sheets on them. Ah the love of pole! Also having it warm before I try any holds etc helps. Good luck!

• heathalynne

April 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

2nd on white distilled vinegar. Spray a towel and rub the pole hard for at least a minute. You just need to break it in with use. When it's broken in, you only need to rub for a few seconds.

• amy

April 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm

cold has everything to do with it. unless you put itac or something really sticky on your body, you cannot stick to a cold pole worth a damn no matter what you clean it with. where is your pole located? can you easily warm the room or the pole?

• unicorn

April 13, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I have just moved in down stairs to the Dining room as I wasn't using it up in the bedroom..(wooden floors downstairs)   https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Tried rubbing Alcohol today.. The pole was cold, I may try the white vinegar too and maybe warming the pole up a bit with the hair dryer first..

• Billababe220

April 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I swear by the white distilled vinegar.  It is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me and it works GREAT!!!

• luvlee

April 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Do you have a chromw xpole? I delt with this for years till I finally found some secrets. Crank the heat while you stretch. It will warm you and your pole!!! Very important. Are you a very dry skinned person? That works against you if you are. Pole Physics lotion or Bath and Body Works light lotion work best at least an hr before poling. I am so dry I can do it right brfore though. Also, I put itac2 right on my pole. This has worked best for me. Let me know if ant of these help!!!

• divapolegoddess

April 13, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Try using low grade sandpaper and then cleaning your pole with whatever you have been using.  I use either alcohol or windex.  It doesn't damage the pole and it works better than anything I've tried.  You will have to repeat the process every once in a while, but it gives great results.

• Cocoa0

April 14, 2011 at 1:04 am

iTac + Tite Grip= Sticky like you would not believe. I have a steel PS pole and I tried EVERYTHING to make it useable, nothing worked. I was sooo frustrated then someone inmy pole class suggested iTac with a layer of Tite Grip on top… Magic!
    Seriously, try it before you try anything extreme like sandpaper.

• Cocoa0

April 14, 2011 at 1:08 am

P.S. This grip combo actually works best in cold, dry conditions.

• XLauraX

April 14, 2011 at 2:29 am

I forgot to shake my liquid chalk the other day so it had all seperated …. worked so much better than when it is shook, got a lot more grip from it, I swear by that stuff now, only need to apply it once. Although it does tend to pull on my hand and can leave me with a few blisters. 

• unicorn

April 14, 2011 at 3:12 am

Thanks girls fr all your suggestions,

I will try the vinegar first , if  that doesnt work I will get some iTac and try that.. Really do not want to use sandpaper on my lovely Chrome pole… eek!!  

No where here where I live sells white vinegar, so today I will be driving in to town on the hunt for the stuff..

Thankyou. I do hope one of these work.. 

x

• PoleNerd

April 14, 2011 at 7:18 am

I also have a chrome xpole and it takes a good while (20-30 mins?) to really warm up. I also have to be hot and a bit sweaty. Dry, hairy skin kills grip as as well (I don’t shave much in winter…oops).

Like others said, white vinegar really helps.

To warm up the pole and myself, I just do a lot of spins/movement around the pole and attempt to do moves (though I slide right down). The bottom and top of the pole take the longest to warm up.

It’s all very frustrating if you’re impatient – but the eventual stickiness is so worth it. I’m sure the hotness and humidity of summer will bring a whole different set of issues 😉

Page 1 of 3