StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions considering new pole, questiona about powder coat and vaulted ceiling

• considering new pole, questiona about powder coat and vaulted ceiling

Posted by grayeyes on November 30, 2018 at 12:41 am

Am I correct that Lil Mynx is really the only pole manufacturer that makes a mount for a vaulted ceiling for a removable pole? I do not like stand alone poles nor do I want one up permanently since it will be in the middle of the great room.

I currently have a stainless steel Lil Mynx that’s not tall enough for my new ceilings so I’m considering ordering another Lil Mynx but might go with powder coated. I have never used powder coated other than poling at the playground and I love the grip. For those with a LM powder coated can you still do at least some static spinning? Static reverse grab is one of my favorites and I would really miss it.

Lil Mynx tells me shipping a pole over 117″ has to go freight (rather than FedEx) and will cost me $350. Has anyone found a clever way to ship that’s not so outrageous? Lil Mynx is in California and I’m in Ohio.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

grayeyes replied 5 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • MdawWat

December 1, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Not sure about the rest of your questions, but xpole also sales a permanent mount

The X-Pert Permanent Mount for 40/45/50mm X-Pert Poles only with Flat or Vaulted/Slanted Ceilings.

https://xpoleus.com/product/x-pert-block-mount-404550mm-silver/

• grayeyes

December 2, 2018 at 1:43 am

Thanks MdawWat! I had looked at xpole but didn’t read it carefully enough. I thought the vaulted ceiling mount was only for older models. I shall investigate the x-pole. 🙂