StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions chipped knee cap

• chipped knee cap

Posted by Stevesgirl on July 5, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Well, I decided I probably should let a doctor look at my knee so I went in.  It turns out I chipped off a small part of my knee cap.  (The doctor said it's kind of like a drinking glass that has a chip in it).  – Right now, the doctor just wants to let it be.  He said – in theory – that the rough part should smooth down.  If over time it doesn't smooth down,  then they will have to go in using a scope and 'file' it down.   The good news is that he told me if I feel ok to pole, then go ahead!  I will absolutely have to take it easy since it hurts when I bend my knee but I am thrilled I don't have to stop poling! YEAH!!!  I will also absolutely have to be more careful and not have that pole jump in front of me again! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Dancing Paws replied 12 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lyme Lyte

July 5, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Darn pole anyway! What move were u working on when that happend? I want to b sure to avoid it!

• Dancing Paws

July 5, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I tried my nemesis move and sprained I sprained both of my wrists. I do not think I will doing the wrist sit. I sprained my wrists 2 years ago with the same move. I think I will let that one be for a while. Darn poles, they are so fun but can be so damaging.

• Stevesgirl

July 5, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Actually, I’m embarrassed by how I hurt my knee.   I was working on the Forward attitude and I just wasn’t getting the momentum I wanted, so I decided to try it with the extra push.  I did it a couple of times with no problems, and then I’m not sure what happened or how it happened, but I guess I got my body twisted or something and I pushed off really hard and then my knee just smashed into the pole!  Of all the moves that I could have hurt my knee on, I can’t believe it was the Forward Attitude!  Honestly, I’m sure my pole jumped in front of me!  It is the only logical explanation! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Dancing Paws

July 5, 2011 at 10:49 pm

We have all had the "walking into a sliding glass door" moment.