StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions badkitty

• AllysonKendal

July 22, 2016 at 3:58 am

I pretty much live in Bad Kitty these days. Basically everything I wear on my instagram is BK Pole Fit. (https://www.instagram.com/akpoles/ if you want to get an idea)

I’m a size small. which is pretty true to size. I’d buy size Small leggings and sports bras from Target or Lulu Lemon 🙂

• AllysonKendal

July 22, 2016 at 4:00 am

Also although its tempting to buy V-front tops because they are cute and cheap, I pretty much won’t buy them anymore…. the halter design pulls on my neck, its not bad for an hour, but longer than that i get a serious hunch going.

Now I spring for the pricer tops…. but I love love love the brazil bottoms

• Nerdybabe89

July 22, 2016 at 4:24 am

good to know !!!!! I added u to instagram and wow ur amazing! and stunning!

• Nerdybabe89

July 22, 2016 at 4:29 am

also wow u have amazing flow in ur videos i hope i can get to that one day with hoop im awful at performance 🙁 I always have a hard time deciding what i was to do for outfits with hoop !!!

• AllysonKendal

July 22, 2016 at 4:37 am

You’re so sweet. I actually just ordered a hoop! I’m excited to start learning it.. but yeah, I think hoop flow is pretty difficult.

Actually I just did 2 songs at a performance tonight. I always get very costumey… I have trouble just being myself on stage. I get really nervous. I feel like I flow better alone or even when no one is looking in the studio.

Thats my goal though. To one day just dance as myself…. it’s more vulnerable.

I’m trying to upload the videos here now but i’m doing it inefficiently (transferring from phone to computer, then the site… instead of just phone to site) so I’m not sure if they will both make it up tonight… but you’ll see what I mean about being a character 🙂

• Nerdybabe89

July 22, 2016 at 4:44 am

haha very cool !!!! I struggled with pole cuz im not a dancer I never know what to do I can do moves separate but not combine them .. it was always so slippery . I think i always wanted to do more circus stuff so when I tried hoop, trapeze, and silks I ended up getting hooked to hoop. I love it and I love the grip as well! It is more painful most ppl say but I dont really notice it I enjoy it! I definitely want to learn performance but i never know how to create a routine or what to do with my hands or how to perform really so i usually just wing it and practice tricks .. :S I also posted a video tonight .. I rented space from gym near here but usually i hoop from home, i just ordered a new hoop one more for my height but it ll be bigger so hopefully doesnt screw me over in my house using it. I am selling the one i have now to a friend!!! It is my fav thing to do i may go to that studio sometimes or try the odd one on one training witha teacher just to get stuff i cant get at home? performance would mean a ton for me to learn i just have to figure out a routine or make me own somehow and attempt it i have no clue

• AllysonKendal

July 22, 2016 at 5:03 am

Totally hijacking your thread here 🙂 Haha

Anyway… one of the girls at the show I performed at does Lyra… It’s really fun to watch her perform!

I actually am kind of slippery myself, but for performances I REALLY grip up.

Why size hoop did you get, and how tall are you? I am tall 5’8″ and I got a 36″… I measured and that seem about right and also thats what they have at the venue I performed, in case I want to do a lyra performance… One day…

Like I said I can’t just dance or flow usually.. thats when I get confused about my hands and my lines and stuff. But when I play a character… i can be a little cute or goofy it’s a lot easier for me. My first performance was a halloween one, then my second was christmas themed. Having a theme reallllly helped me create something.

• Nerdybabe89

July 22, 2016 at 5:23 am

You are supposed to sit on a chair and measure from the chair to top of ur head and then add two inches. So I m 5’5 but seem to have a long torso because I need 38″ hoop

• Nerdybabe89

July 22, 2016 at 5:23 am

And right now I have a 34 inch. I tried a 36″ and my head still touches the top so