StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions anyone have experience with pole and carpal tunnel syndrome???

• anyone have experience with pole and carpal tunnel syndrome???

Posted by Nina ODay on July 18, 2018 at 4:51 am

After 2yrs of not being able to mount my pole, i decided to just drive the 80+ miles to the nearest studio and take lessons. I’ll consider this starting over my pole journey. I had mild carpel tunnel when I first started pole but was a stay at home mom at the time. I’ve been back to work for 2 yrs now and its gotten worse and i wear a brace. any advice from someone with the same condition???? I start class saturday and dont know what to expect.

Nina ODay replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Nina ODay

July 19, 2018 at 1:03 am

• Autumn Sky

July 19, 2018 at 9:34 pm

I had surgery on my left hand for Carpal Tunnel, but still have it on my right. I’ve had to learn to really listen to my body to know what aggravates it and what doesn’t. For me I have to limit split grip and handstand moves. I want to note that my carpal tunnel is “under control”. It will flare when I use scissors or cut a lot with a knife. Your’s seems more “active” at the moment if you are having to wear a brace, i would just be very careful. I do keep my wrist braces in my car so if I aggravate them in class i can put them on immediately after class, and when I get home I ice them.

• Nina ODay

July 20, 2018 at 1:31 am

thanks for the input autumn!