• Posted by MrsSass on February 8, 2016 at 2:09 am

Is it possible to increase strength in a matter of two weeks?? I have a few things going on over here.. one being finishing up physical therapy for my right shoulder as I’d strained it a few months ago… My classmates and I are participating in a Showcase to demo our skill sets thus far (we are intermediate), but I find myself struggling on moves that I had DOWN a couple of months ago.. It’s SO disheartening trying to build back… Anyway two questions… Do any of you work on strength conditioning for your upper body EVERY day. And do you think that one could acquire additional strength within two weeks by strength training every day?? This show was supposed to be really easy going and simple but now I’m all stressed out. Lol smh thanks for any input… 🙂

Veena replied 8 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Phoenix Hunter

February 8, 2016 at 2:19 am

If your recovering from a shoulder injury I just wouldn’t push it. Showcase isn’t worth further injury. I would say your shoulder is very vulnerable right now and amping up your strength training right now sounds like a bad idea. Just because your finishing pt doesn’t mean you’re ok to do whatever you would do before injury. I promise you it’s not worth it. I would either stick strictly to whatever is safe for me to do in my current body situation or don’t showcase at all. i know competing body builders who don’t even work the same muscles day after day. They let that group of muscles rest and work on something else. Shoulders are delicate I would slowly rebuild instead of trying to work double time to catch up for a showcase

• MrsSass

February 8, 2016 at 2:45 am

Very good points! Sigh… Maybe I’ll try every other day and see how my body reacts.. I am incorporating more turns and floor work and reducing my tricks to accommodate my “bum” shoulder… Sigh I must say though that I could always afford to be stronger ANYWAY.. Like even before my shoulder situation… I need to concentrate more on weight training since I’ve met my weight loss goals.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 8, 2016 at 3:21 am

Don’t train strength and conditioning every day. The body needs to recover to actually build strength, muscle growth doesn’t happen while you’re doing the strength training it happens during the recovery process! Pushing after an injury is never a good idea either. Even if you’re not a beginner the 30 day take off program is great for coming back after injury too! 💜