StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your Pole Area

• Your Pole Area

Posted by Mikasaurus on March 2, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Hey everyone! What are some of the things you feel are 100% necessary in your pole room/area? I am picking up a full length mirror, but would appreciate to learn what everyone else can’t live without. Thanks!

Amelia72 replied 7 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Runemist34

March 2, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Hey there!
    I think it really depends on your pole space as it is now! Most of us find that dancing on a hard, slick surface (such as hardwood floor) rather than carpet to be much easier, so some people will put down something around their pole, if they can’t get away from the carpet.
    Though expensive, I would also seriously recommend a crash mat for your pole! This allows us to train aerial moves with peace of mind, because if we happen to lose grip, or have a bad day with our strength, or just aren’t fully secure with a move yet, that crash mat may mean the difference between uncomfortable and totally injured!
    Finally, of course, there are fun things you can add to your space. I would love, one day, to have cool lights in my pole space! Though not necessary, they can sort of help you to feel like your pole space is separate from the rest of your life, giving you the ability to focus and let everything else go. Other people find this simply by changing clothes and closing the door, some love to put their pole shoes on, and some of us don’t even need any of this stuff to get “in the zone!”
    It’s all up to you… but I’d say, look into a good crash mat 😉 Even if it’s just for the future, a few months or even a year down the road, you’ll get it and thank yourself one day for putting it down!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 2, 2017 at 11:54 pm

A pole!! Just kidding. A kick as stereo because music is why I dance! I love my lights…xmas lights either strung along the ceiling, wall, or floor. I have some curtain lights I LOVE! Also if you plan on recording yourself think about the lighting in the room for that too. Light for photography work well to brighten the space if needed. As mentioned a crash mat is a must too and you can even use couch cushions in a pinch! A space heater can be nice if the room gets cold and a fan is a must if it’s hot and you sweat! I keep a container with my grip aids, rags for cleaning and a note book by the stereo. My foam roller, yoga mat and all that stuff is there too!

• Mikasaurus

March 3, 2017 at 2:52 am

Thanks ladies!!!

• Amelia72

March 9, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Somewhere where you can put your phone/camera to film yourself! I have this problem constantly now, as my flat is so tiny, I can’t train inside, so have to go outside in the park with my hoop…and constantly am worried about either my camera falling over or someone walking off with it! So really important is somewhere in your room where your phone can record your freestyles without anyone holding it! I know how many times I’ve thought it was safely wedged between books or CDs and then it fell over and I could never know how good it was haha 😛