StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-pole set up on area rug

• X-pole set up on area rug

Posted by Roxanne Rivard Steinmuller on August 6, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I was thinking about moving my pole into the living room but we have a 10×12 foot area rug. Is it safe to set up on an area rug? Will the pressure keep the rug from moving?

AllysonKendal replied 6 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

August 8, 2017 at 1:41 am

I would contact X-pole support, they’re usually very responsive… but my guess would be no, it wouldn’t be enough to keep the rug from moving :/

• Veena

Administrator
    August 10, 2017 at 2:50 am

I would move the rug. 😊

• AllysonKendal

August 10, 2017 at 7:28 am

I think moving the rug isn’t a bad idea. And I’d listen to xpole first and foremost.

However I have a rug about the same size… and it being huge doesn’t move. And if I was going to pole in that room for a day or two i probably would feel fine with it. And just check the level often to make sure things aren’t shifting. My giant dog runs full speed at my rug and bounds onto it and it doesn’t move. I also have hardwoods old under it…. nothing super slick like new hardwoods or tile. If I was going to pole long term in that room and was set on keeping the rug I would get a permanent mount. At least with the top mounted you’ll have less fear of things shifting. And it’s just a few holes in the ceiling and can easily be patched.

• AllysonKendal

August 10, 2017 at 10:31 am

Old hardwoods*** I’m not sure how those words got out of order! 🙈