StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X stage lite or x stage standard: that is the question

• X stage lite or x stage standard: that is the question

Posted by Samstuh3129850 on May 25, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I’m looking into buying an x stage and I’m unsure of which one works out the best. I’m 6’2 165lbs guy that loves to do extensive and sometimes crazy stunts, what do you guys think??

DanZinDuck replied 7 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • 33barbwire

May 25, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Following because I was also thinking of this recently. Like, what might be better as an option to bring with me to different places and not worry about suitable ceilings for regular X-Poles?

Is one significantly easier to assemble or more stable than the other?

• Phoenix Hunter

May 26, 2016 at 3:16 am

They assemble the same . One is heavier than the other . The standard. And it is higher off the ground. I personally don’t see any advantage of having the standard because it is heavier and there is more of a drop off when you are transitionIng between stage and floor.

• Phoenix Hunter

May 26, 2016 at 3:17 am

They both hold the same weight and I find them to both be very stable

• I polekat I

May 26, 2016 at 8:50 am

i have never used the lite so can’t comment on the usage of that, but the standard is a solid piece of kit. Pretty straightforward to assemble, it doesn’t take too long even if it’s just you. (and i get the feeling the more i do it the easier it will get, thats what im finding with my a-frame). there is a good bit of wobble to it which can be quite disconcerting at first haha but to be honest it is more obvious when you are watching; when you are the one using it you don’t notice it so much. (both stage poles have that wobble)
    The 2 are the exact same height (10ft) so the lite gives you around a foot of extra usable pole which would probably help you being 6’2″ =) and ive heard it’s nicer for floorwork, you have to be very precise rolling around on the standard stage so u don’t fall off 😉 good practice though ha!
    The standard is a BEAST it’s around 70kg for all the bits so it is a bit of a mission taking it to the park etc. I would have gone for a lite cos i wanted it as an additional pole i could take around with me, but i got a ridiculously good deal on a used standard so i couldn’t pass it up. but if u are buying new, i think the lite would probably be better

• Veena

Administrator
    May 26, 2016 at 7:51 pm

I’ve got both, both go together the same and both are sturdy. Both are heavy, but the light is lighter as far as the main base goes. With either if you want to do aggressive tricks, just pull the legs out for more stability.

• 33barbwire

May 26, 2016 at 9:33 pm

So they’re 10′ tall…what can you do if you want to set this up indoors and it needs to fit under a 9′ ceiling?

• Phoenix Hunter

May 26, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Barbwire you came either buy an extension to make it under 9 feet or you can saw off what ever you want from the top.

• Phoenix Hunter

May 29, 2016 at 8:10 pm

33barbwire, here is a video on how to shorten your B pole on an xstage. It seems pretty easy. 🙂 https://youtu.be/xI6AdJVV8V8

• 33barbwire

May 30, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Thanks Phoenix! It looks easier than I thought. Cutting something so pretty (and $$$$) sounds so sad – maybe I’ll just make sure to get an extension when I get mine. 🙂

• Phoenix Hunter

May 30, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Yes, I would opt to get an extension and keep the longer piece for outdoors or something.

• DanZinDuck

May 30, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Samstuh3129850 I just bought a X stage lite last week, I’m soooooooo happy with it! You can do all tricks and feels perfectly safe. Stage is so beautiful, not as heavy as the regular X stage. I got it from Platinum Stages and Kevin help me so much about shipping it on time. Mine is chrome 45mm. I usually pole on a permanent pole 45mm brass at home and I feel a better grip with this one. This is at my boyfriend’s home in Texas, I live in Mexico City and it’s the perfect pole because I can use it when I travel and the rest of the time would be on it’s carry bag. Definitely recommended

• 33barbwire

June 1, 2016 at 12:19 am

DanZinDuck – gorgeous picture! I saw one video review of X-Stage Lite that sounded like it’s a little noisy. When you’re walking on it or doing spins do the platform pieces make a clanking sound?

• DanZinDuck

June 1, 2016 at 12:31 am

@33barbwire Thank you!!! Yes it is a little noisy but it will not really bother you, the stage comes in 6 triangles, so the noise comes from them, usually from one at a time. but I think it is amazing!!! and they have a silicone pole that fits for the X Stage in case you want to pole with clothes!!!! it’s pink!!!! I didn’t buy it but hope I can do it soon!!!! for Winter Season!!!