StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X pole titanium gold and allergies

• X pole titanium gold and allergies

Posted by Estef Martinez on August 13, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Hi guys, new here and a beginner pole dancer as well! I’ve been going to pole lessons twice a week for almost 6 months and I finally decided to get my own pole for home practice. I have a strong nickel allergy and I’ve been reading that chrome poles are a no-no if you’re allergic. My first option then was.to get a stainless-steel X pole but it’s out of stock and I don’t know whether it’ll be stocked soon. I would wait, but the problem is that I live in South America and my brother will be traveling to the US later this month so he’ll bring it for me. I can’t have it shipped directly here because the taxes are crazy. A friend of mine did that and she ended up paying $500 in taxes, so the pole cost her $900. That’s just crazy!!!! How good is titanium for allergic people? Or do any of you guys know how long they usually take to restock their products? I’ll see if I can call them tomorrow to find out anyways!

Estef Martinez replied 6 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 13, 2017 at 9:14 pm

I think I’ve heard the TG can also be a problem for those with allergies, but I don’t know for sure. You would want to contact xpole and ask. It can take a while for them to get new shipments in. Have you thought about brass or powder coated finishes?

• Estef Martinez

August 13, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Oh 🙁 Well, the brass one seems a little too pricey for me now. I was going to have a hard time paying off the stainless steel plus shipping plus the taxes when my brother brings it in (much lower than shipping it but still) and I don’t know about the powder-coated ones. I think the max grip would be a disadvantage seeing that my studio has stainless steel poles. I’ll give them a call and see what they say tomorrow. 🙁