StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X Pole Chrome – Grip

• X Pole Chrome – Grip

Posted by Nnaiza on April 23, 2012 at 2:09 am

I own a 45mm Chrome X Pole at home but the studio i'm taking pole lessons from uses brass poles which are much easier to grip nd stick on. I've gotten use to gipping on brass pole so much that i cant seem to practice at home with my chrome pole anymore as i slide right off.

What can i do to grip onto chrome pole better?

Davedeeking9167 replied 4 years, 1 month ago 13 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Dancing Paws

April 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

corn huskers lotion on your body. It's cheap and works like a charm.

• ThePoleDancingShop

May 2, 2012 at 1:12 am

Have you tried using Gloves, Mighty Grip, iTac2, Tite-Grip among many other things?

Chris M
    http://www.ThePoleDancingShop.com

• minicoopergrl

May 2, 2012 at 8:47 am

Is your pole warm at home before you get started?  I have a stainless steel one and use brass in the studio.  Brass doesnt need the prep time like chrome or ss.  I usually do a few climbs and my body heat helps warm up the pole some.  

• cupcake11

May 3, 2012 at 12:29 pm

1/2 dozen chair spins usually warm mine up. For sweaty hands, I use Tite Grip

• CreativityBySteffie

May 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Mighty grip powder usually helps. But somedays its so slippery I use gloves with tack.

• Nnaiza

May 4, 2012 at 3:36 am

Thanks for the tips!

I have no problem with sticking my body to the pole as shaving foam does the trick actually. My hands are the one thats giving me problem.

I have sweaty hands and mighty grips/tite grip doesnt work. It just makes them real slimy. I've tried chalk grip but that doesnt work either. But i find wiping down my pole and my hands with alcohol help and sometimes i use gloves.

Maybe i just need to work on getting a firmer grip.

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

May 4, 2012 at 5:34 am

Have you tried Itac2? That's what I use for extra grip for my hands.

• milkjamjuice

May 12, 2012 at 11:51 am

I'm having this same problem.  I just installed my X-pert chrome in my room today.  My school also uses chrome poles which I'm used to and have no problem gripping barehanded but this new pole, I'm slipping right off of the thing!  I can't even hold it to do a strength exercise.  I guess is just needs more wear?  Anyway, I'm gonna pick up some grip enhancer when I go to my school tomorrow but I hate to always have to rely on that stuff..

• Lyme Lyte

May 12, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Im going to hear alot of “no” to this. But i know of about 10 people here, including me who lightly sanded the pole. Actually i did it to both mine! If u DO, sand in a circular motion AROUND the pole, not up and down.

• Saphyre

May 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm

milkjamjuice, First, I have to say your screen name is intriguing! There are many threads here about breaking in a new X-Pole chrome, but I'll repeat. New poles have a coating on them to lessen damage during shipping.  I used hot water with a bit of dishwahing liquid to clean it. I followed with rubbing alcohol applied with a micro-fiber cloth. It will take some time to break the pole in, so you will still have some slippage for a while. A warm room, warm body, and warm pole helps in the meantime. I pretty much stuck with spins for a while before attempting inverts. I also found that a light coating of hairspray on my hands and the pole helped out, but I made sure to wipe the pole clean really well after I was done. I used an aerosol. Have fun with your new pole!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• milkjamjuice

May 23, 2012 at 11:57 am

Saphyre- Thanks SO much for the reply!  My pole's starting to break in -a bit-.  Not a lot of rubbing alcohol available here in Japan for under 8.00 bucks a bottle so I tried glass cleaner which works pretty well.  I'll have to try the hairspray!  I'm practicing grip for my first ever pole show and I have to grip and pop a ballerina on top of a pole for 2 minuted while two girls dance below me so I'm getting antsy about my grip. o_o  Oh!  My username comes from my youtube name!  http://youtube.com/milkjamjuice  ðŸ˜€

• KellieM

March 2, 2020 at 12:42 am

I’m having the opposite problem I see here. I had my home chrome 45 xpole for almost a year brand new and I find I grip way better then the ones in the studio. I’m not sure if it’s because so many other ppl and skin and sweat is used on the studio poles or if I’m just more comfortable at home so I don’t sweat as much???? Ive tried alllllll grips, tite grip seems to work best for my very sweaty hands right now…but it’s a daily struggle and I REALLY don’t want to try gloves or have to depend on them. I also rub the studio poles up and down for a super long time and then I get some grip but sweat comes back fast 😪 IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS ID LOVE YOU. My teacher likely thinks I can’t do anything because I have no grip and no, the shaving cream does not work for me 🙄😒😪

• Veena

Administrator
    March 3, 2020 at 6:39 pm

This is a super common issue, recently a member on a different thread mentioned Carpe lotion being helpful for sweaty hands. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=carpe+lotion

• Davedeeking9167

March 8, 2020 at 2:12 am

I run my Vicks vaporizer for a half hour in my pole room . it warms up my skin and humidifies my skin and pole and i stick great