StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Which shoes??

• Which shoes??

Posted by Jihaleh on May 24, 2020 at 9:32 pm

So I have wobbly ankles and I’m thinking about getting my first proper heels when I reach 6 months of consistent poling (Already?? lol) and I’m stuck between the pros and cons of the clear shoes and boots. I know that the clear plastic ones are shoes, so theres more chance of rolling y ankles, but they’re also less prone to noticeable damage and ?damaging my floor. but I’m also kinda prone to hot feet, so I don’t want to be overheating in my shoes… Argh. Any advice heel veterans? 🙂

Phoenix fire bird replied 3 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • amelia2000

May 25, 2020 at 10:27 am

I think clear shoes last longer, as boots would tend to have a material which could flake after prolonged use. Also clear uses stay clean longer (I scuffed my neon pink pleasers within weeks, which made me sad- messy exiting of handstands) Plus clear heels are cheaper than the boots.

Pleasers are not like normal high heels for street wear, as the toe and heel are made out of one piece, so you should walk safer in them than you would in high street heels.

As for damaging your floor, depends on the floor, what sort of floor do you have?

• Jihaleh

May 25, 2020 at 11:34 am

Its hardwood floorboards. They can be very slightly uneven because of that, so I’m slightly worried about the shoes scraping. I’ve heard that some soles can leave rubber skid marks, especially over time, which wouldn’t be ideal since I’m renting.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 25, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Clear heels are heavier! Go with boots calf height boots for more stability. All heels will leave black marks even clear, it’s the bottom of the heel not the color. I rent to the black marks will come off with a magic eraser. The only thing to worry about is if the floor is a soft wood that will sent it scratch.

• Jihaleh

May 25, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Veena, magic erasers t the rescue again lol
    Yeah, so the floor would be solid and hasn’t been scratched of scuffed, even by the dining table so I think shoes ought to be fine.

• ifigeniasusana9866

May 26, 2020 at 2:37 am

Do they have boots for really big calves? I haven’t found boots to fit my calves so all I have are the shoes.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 26, 2020 at 2:41 am

Get lace up ankle boots! Those also offer the most support. Like the black ones I have…only don’t start with 8 inch ones 🙃

• Jihaleh

May 26, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Are those all the flamingo style? 🙂
    Curious, because I’ve been intrigued by the curved plateau.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 26, 2020 at 3:27 pm

They’re all Pleasers not sure of the style names. The lace up ankle boot offers a good deal of stability, far more than a longer pull on boot.

• Phoenix fire bird

May 30, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Oh Veena the red ones! They were the ones in your red lips video? I love them!😍xxx

• Veena

Administrator
    May 31, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Yes! Those are the ones 👠

• Phoenix fire bird

June 1, 2020 at 12:28 am

I need some in my life!😍I am going to get the clear ones for practice outside since I can cover them easily when they get scratched which they inevitably will especially outside. How many inches are they? Thought the looked about 7”? What’s the best height to get? 6” or 7” or does it not really matter? Xxx

• Veena

Administrator
    June 1, 2020 at 12:44 am

The red ones are 8 inches. I find 7 inch is nice for those new to dance heels. Something to know, clear heels are heavier than colored, I personally find them clunky.

• Phoenix fire bird

June 1, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Ooh how interesting! I never knew that about the clear! I wonder why that is, maybe they used a thicker plastic or something. I shall go for 7” then to start with then. I have danced in heels before but not proper dance heal and I did sprint in stiletto boots(long story) and stayed upright so hopefully 7” should be a good fit for me. Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate it. Hope you are having a great week xxx