StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What solution to use for pole cleaning?

• What solution to use for pole cleaning?

Posted by Youngs7 on July 31, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Hello everybody.  I am so happy to have found this site.  Can someone tell me if there is a special solution to buy or if I can make my own to clean my pole.  I do not want to use the wrong cleaner.  Thanks guys.

Veena replied 4 years, 8 months ago 12 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

August 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

Hiya and welcome to Veena. First, what kind of finish does your pole have? Some people like to use a mixture of vinegar and water for cleaning their poles, others might prefer isopropyl  alcohol and water combo. I've even used everclear for cleaning mine. I'm sure you will get many answers from others. Yes they do also make a pole cleaner, but think it'd be cheaper to make your own.

• echo234

August 1, 2012 at 1:25 am

My pole has a Chrome finish, I am also curious about a cleaning solution.

• jkpolegirl

August 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Alcohol works awesome…. Also mighty grip has a clothe that you just add water and it cleans your pole very well

• echo234

August 2, 2012 at 12:34 am

Thanks. I rubbed and rubbed my new pole, but when i got sweaty and the heat of the day… took a major slide down the baby felt like at high speeds! lol

• jkpolegirl

August 2, 2012 at 12:38 am

I have chrome too…. I was used to brass so it was a lot different……. I used to have to lather dry hands all over it before it was broken in….. Now I do actually get some grip!!

• echo234

August 2, 2012 at 12:42 am

Did fine when the fan was on last night, today, that was fun lol  I also have the 45 and my old pole was cheap 50.  Big difference, I'm so happy with the new pole!  I just need to remember I need time to adjust and break in the pole.

• Youngs7

August 2, 2012 at 1:20 am

Hi guys. So is it better to use alcohol rather than vinegar and wateron chrome. Is it alcohol and water or just the alcohol? Thank you.

• echo234

August 2, 2012 at 1:32 am

I'm going to use a small amount of alcohol and water and see how well that works.  Don't want to much harsh product on my new baby lololol

• Trena

August 2, 2012 at 4:51 am

I use an alcohol and water solution in a spray bottle that sprays a light mist! Just make sure that you dry the pole thoroughly!!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

Try using a fabric steamer when you first take the pole out of the package or when it gets really dirty! Works wonders. I use alcohol while I practice. The steamer does an amazing job though, try it if you have grip issues!!!

• echo234

August 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

Thank you for all the information.  Will definitely put this stuff to use.

• Youngs7

August 2, 2012 at 11:29 am

Thanks guys.  In this economy, I can use what I already have and it will save me some cash.  I saw a pole solution cleaner online that was not in my price range.    Very appreciative of the information.  Have a good day guys.

• northpole

August 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Aside from cleaning the pole, try washing your hands before using it. It gets off whatever residual sweat or dust there could be and makes your hands grippier. Be sure to dry them off well though. Good luck!

• Angie La

August 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Also about washing your hands, I read something Karol said about this.  She said to wash your hands with soap and warm water, dry your hands with a hand towel and use that damp towel to wipe off the pole throughout your workout.  I have tried this and I find it helps with grip.  I use 70% rubbing alcohol to clean my pole, and sometimes window cleaner.  I know someone who uses vodka to clean her poles.  ðŸ˜‰

• joscelynsmom

August 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I wash my hands with Ajax dish soap directly before poling.  Then I dry my hands and clean pole with 90% Rubbing alcohol.  Alcohol can be rubbed on hands and body for grip issues as well.  Works amazing on chrome 🙂

Page 1 of 2