StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What do you do for a living?

• What do you do for a living?

Posted by Tali Kat on June 4, 2012 at 2:54 pm

We are all here because of our love for pole, but apart from that fact, it seems that there is a pretty diverse group of people who frequent this site :3 So, what is your occupation? Is it pole related or is it something different? Share a bit about it! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

At the moment I am a uni (college) student/ house wife. I'm currently studying a bachelor of science, and initially I wanted to get into the field of geology but now I'm not so sure. I'm leaning more to something water related now. I should just focus on getting through it first https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

So, what about you?

Polewalker916 replied 10 years, 2 months ago 259 Members · 317 Replies
  • 317 Replies
  • SamH

June 4, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I just recently graduate with my BSN (bachelor of science in nursing). I actually begin my first nursing job tomorrow… EEK!!

• lavona82

June 4, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I am employed at a bank (teller) full time and I absolutely hate it. Jobs are scarce and I try to be thankul for it but when you work with people that make your life miserable it;s hard to help it. I am so happy I have my pole to come home to πŸ™‚ Hubby and kids too!!

• Krissykiki

June 4, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I work in the social services field. I used to work in youth shelters but now I'm working with a mentoring program. I love it so much πŸ™‚ I get to help improve peoples lives

• Beckypolegirl

June 4, 2012 at 3:23 pm

i work nights in a respite home for children with complex health needs or challenging behaviour. Hard but rewarding x

• GMwifey

June 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I am a preschool teacher for the Army. My job moves whenever my husband does.

• ShonaLancs

June 4, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I'm a street sex worker support worker for the NHS…Needless to say, my job makes me thankful that my addiction is poling and nothing worse…. πŸ™‚

• Debss

June 4, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I love the diverse range of jobs here πŸ™‚
    I'm currently studying for a (funded) masters degree in Biomedical Research & it's killing me! Think I might leave the world of research after I'm done, just not cut out for it so it would seem.

• dustbunny

June 4, 2012 at 3:47 pm

My career path has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, and a few track changes along the way. 

I started out wanting to be a machinist, but I live in a small town where it's a bit of a "boys' club" and since I have boobs…well…even after 8 years of experience it didn't work out so well.  Then in 2008 the recession hit…and I haven't had a permanent full-time job since.  I started taking an accounting program in hopes of findng a job doing that, but have had no luck in that department even after 3 years of classes!  And since I don't have full-time employment I can't afford to keep taking the classes, so I don't even know if I'll ever get to finish the program!  πŸ™  In the meantime I've done receptionist/administrative work, fast food, worked at a convenience store, and a few temporary jobs here and there to make ends meet.  Currently I work at Canadian Tire (a hardware store), make beds in a Long Term Care facility, and teach pole lessons to a couple friends.  This summer I am planning on doing my group fitness certification, and start advertising to teach pole so maybe I can quit one of the other part-time jobs.  πŸ™‚

• Danielle Tillie

June 4, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I am a private horn instructor, pole fitness instructor, and I work as a fine dining server and sommelier. I love the diversity of my jobs but I kinda wish I could have benefits from a full time job. But I'm a musician working in an interesting economic environment so I just pull from all of my talents and make it work! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• SoloEbo

June 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I'm a Lymphoma Research Coordinator and a part-time hair stylist.  As of today,I am also a student.. going back to finish my Nursing degree

• SoloEbo

June 4, 2012 at 3:59 pm

..oh and Im a mother of 2.. 15 and 12!

• Tali Kat

June 4, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Wow, there are a huge mix of jobs here! It's really interesting reading about what you all do.

Lavona – Sorry that you're not enjoying your job. It's hard working something you don't enjoy. Been there done that! As you said though, you've got a great family and poleto help you get through which is awesome :3

Dustbunny – Wow you've tried a lot of different things! I hope you get your certificate so you can teach pole :3

SamH – Good luck with your first day tomorrow!! πŸ˜€

• Paunobs

June 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I support people with an Intellectual disability, who need 24 hr support to live an Independent life as possible, I am also a mother and grandmother this all keeps me very busy!Γ°ΕΈΛœΖ’Oh and I love my job it is awesome, these people get joy from the simplest things in life which we are usually to busy to stop and notice, and they are super intelligent in different ways from us πŸ™‚

• Elektra Vallens

June 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I'm getting my PhD in philosophy, which involves teaching an Intro Philosophy class to undergrads and doing a lot of reading.  My dissertation topic is reasoning in suicidality, so the research I do often spills into psych and neuroscience.  I love my schedule, working with the students, and the benefits, but other aspects of the job leave me cold.  It remains to be seen whether I'll be able to get a job when I graduate.  I'm kind of trying to grow pole into a second career right now, just in case.

• aliceBheartless

June 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I do consulting work as an environmental scientist, primarily helping clients with compliance issues, environmental permitting, managing field efforts for site clean ups, and assessing environmental conditions in the field, as well as technical writing for the all the reports that our fieldwork generates.

If I could do it all over again, I would have gotten in to physical therapy, and as many other physical well being modalities (Pilates, LMT, ART, GYRO) as I could afford! But now I feel stuck. πŸ™

Page 1 of 22