StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What To Do On Rest Days

• What To Do On Rest Days

Posted by joeycarter13604 on January 15, 2017 at 6:33 am

What does everyone do on their rest days? Cardio, floor work, spins? Do you stretch more? I’d like to do cardio workouts on/around the pole. Does anyone have a routine or moves?

Thank you! 🙂

Phoenix Hunter replied 7 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 16, 2017 at 5:21 am

I always have at least one full rest day a week…I don’t workout at all! On active rest days I hula hoop, clean the house, walk or do some easy movement dancing, nothing where I have to lif the my body much lol

• Runemist34

January 16, 2017 at 6:01 am

I have one full rest day a week, where I am NOT ALLOWED to do anything on the pole, or any running, or anything. Not even flexibility. Nothing.
    Rest days are supposed to be just that: REST. Cardio still works your muscles, and for things like pole, unless you’re doing something that you find very, very easy, then you aren’t really resting.
    My other days depend; either I’m doing pole, cardio, or both. Rarely do I like to pair them up on the same day, because I can get very tired, quickly! So, I pole dance four days a week, and run for three days a week. One of those days, they double up. One of the days, I don’t do anything!
    For more active rest days, I would recommend something that is light impact, easy, and not too strenuous. Even yoga can be too much, depending on what you’re doing. A walk is good, and hooping, some tidying of the house, something easy!

• AllysonKendal

January 16, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I redesigned my workout schedule for Jan. And I don’t really have any complete rest days on my cal… but I work Tuesday-Thursday and my job has me hustling so I put easy things on those days.

Which include: just a few pirouettes in each direction (both kinds). I don’t find these difficult. Just a coordination and muscle memory issue esp on my left. I love when people have great basics. So I’m working on making them super fantasticly kickass by the end of the year. And I work on my toe points, rolling my muscles, and I do a few easier shoulder stretches 🙂

So far I’m just starting out my schedule (2 weeks completed) but I find it’s working for me.

• Phoenix Hunter

January 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm

What’s a rest day? …. just kidding…. sort of