StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Weekly Workout Schedule

• Weekly Workout Schedule

Posted by rebecca4131 on November 17, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Hi everyone. I got back to working out and pole about 6 weeks ago. I started with a pole 1/2 class twice a week. Mostly floor work with learning 1-2 spins per class. After three weeks I added a floor chair class after the pole class. Last week I tried a level 2/3 class which was floor work, 4-6 spins, and the start of climbing. I did a lot better than expected. Unfortunately, there is only 1 level 2/3 that I can fit into my schedule. The others are offered while I am at work. I do have a pole at home though.

Now I am ready to increase my workouts again but I want to make sure I keep things balanced. (Side note: I am getting married in 22 weeks so there is some heavy motivation to get in shape). Here is what my schedule will potentially look like:

S:

M: 1 hr pole (level 1/2), 1 hr floor/chair

T: 1 hr stretch class (upper body)

W: 1 hr pole (level 1/2), 1 hr floor/chair

T:

F: 1 hr stretch class (lower body)

S: 1 hr pole (level 2/3)

Should I add cardio or more strength training somewhere? If so, do I do total body? The 2/3 class works me the hardest. Pretty much equivalent to the 1/2 + floor/chair.

Or should I just stick with the 2/3 class and do my own pole work/strength training/flexibility work at home? I do have Studio Veena lessons, though I also love the people at the studio I go to. Help! 🙂

rebecca4131 replied 6 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • StrangeFox

November 18, 2017 at 2:46 am

Hey! Welcome to SV! I go to a studio and use SV, and I find I’m progressing fairly well despite not having any gymnastics or dance training. I highly recommend Veena’s lessons – they are wonderful and they really helped me target muscles I didn’t even know I had. She’s also very focused on injury prevention and is extremely responsive if you have any questions or concerns.

I like how you’re staggering out your pole and stretching classes – it’s important to have rest days from strength training and stretching. Everyone is different, but I didn’t start losing weight until I added cardio to my workout routines. Cardio can be running, dancing, aerobics… etc…

Maybe on the days you have stretching classes you could throw in a bit of cardio before your class just to get warm. Either work on some dancing off of the pole (which will help with your pole routines), or go running if you like. The C25K app worked really well for me and got me to the point where I can run 10K continuously. I usually listen to the music I’d like to dance to and come up with routines in my head while I run.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and please do keep us posted on your progress!!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2017 at 4:15 am

Hi Rebecca! The schedule looks good. Depending on what you pole and chair classes are like you may want to add cardio. If they are fast and dance based then you’re good. It sounds like it might be more tricks and floor though which doesn’t give you a good cardiovascular workout.

As Strangefox said, there are a ton of great options here to help you. You could try one of the programs here and still do a class or 2 there. Just make sure to keep a rest day or 2.

• rebecca4131

November 18, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Thank you both! I do think the 1/2 is a bit more dancey than the 2/3. I took my heart rate monitor to my level 1/2 and to my floor chair class. I burned 425 calories in pole which was more in the aerobic zone and 340 in floor/chair which said it was more in the fat burn zone. I will need to take it to 2/3 class. There is also a tricks and spins class that I can use if I need help with certain things that I learn in the studio (or here 🙂 ). I hate running but maybe I can do more fast-paced walking or other cardio.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2017 at 3:58 pm

I NEVER run and REALLY REALLY don’t like to! lol There are lots of other ways to get cardio in. Swimming, hula hooping, dancing around, try the twerking chair routine https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/56d9ab27-9fd0-41ab-b569-54e0ac110003 Walking (as you mentioned) Biking, basket ball, tennis literally any thing that keeps your heart rate elevated for an extended period of time. Studies have found that even multiple short bursts (10 mins or so) of cardio based training is very helpful.

• rebecca4131

November 18, 2017 at 5:31 pm

I am getting over a cold so today I took a sexy stretch class that helps with flexibility instead of taking pole 2/3. I really like the instructor because she comes around to check everyone’s positions and eases us into poses. The instructor on Tuesdays/Thursdays is flowier which is nice, but I like someone making sure I am doing things correctly.

If on Saturdays I do some light cardio and then the stretch class from 10:30-11:30 AM, would it be OK to go to pole 2/3 at 2:30-3:30PM? I don’t want to overdue anything but I really like the stretch teacher and Saturday afternoon is the only level 2/3 that works with my schedule.

• rebecca4131

November 18, 2017 at 8:57 pm

My revised potential schedule. Since only 10-15 minutes of my 1/2 class is actually spinning and the rest is dancey or floor work, I don’t think this schedule would be overdoing it. Thoughts?

M: 1 hr pole (level 1/2), 1 hr floor/chair

T: home workout: 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes stretching or yoga

W: 1 hr pole (level 1/2), 1 hr floor/chair

T: home workout: 1-1.5 hours mix of home poling, weights, and stretching/yoga (depending what I feel I need work on)

F: Rest Day

Sat: 1 hr stretch/flexy class, 1 hr pole (level 2/3)

Sun: Rest day or light cardio/yoga