StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Thinking of becoming a stripper… Help?

• Thinking of becoming a stripper… Help?

Posted by ShellyBelly on August 4, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Hello everyone!!! I just moved in with my boyfriend and we are very low on money. I absolutely LOVE pole dancing but unfortunately our place isn't big enough for my pole https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

I've considered becoming a stripper on so many occasions. I'm scared to do it though because I just want to pole dance! I don't want to do private shows or fully undress myself. I'm fine undressing down to my bra and panties or bikini but I don't want to fully show the goods. I'm a very shy, good girl. Are there any strip clubs that don't require this? Also, can any strippers out there tell me about their jobs? Thanks everyone 😀

Sarah Bennett replied 7 years, 12 months ago 15 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • solsticedark

August 5, 2011 at 5:29 am

As an exotic dancer myself I can give you some input. First off if your thinking about it or end up doing it. Dont call yourself a stripper. Yes there is nothing wrong with the word itself but with they way it is used now, it is. So just don't do it. You degrade yourself calling yourself one. (And yes I have had managers get VERY angry when one of the girls refered to herself as a stripper or a customer said the word. But on topic.

From what you are telling me, honestly it will not be a good fit for you. For one a good 99% of clubs REQUIRE you to be at least topless, you dont, you get fired. End of story. And theres no panties, you will be shoving a string up your but everynight, and the heels you love so much to pole in will become the bane of your existance until you get used to walking and dancing in them for 8+hrs a day. (to this day I still moan in happiness everytime I take them off at the end of the night.)

As far as you being shy, thats something you would HAVE to get over if you want to make any money. Sense you have to approach the coustomer, flirt, make him think you like him (or her) and then try to get as many dances as possible out of him. 

Further, you will have to be outspoken enough to not allow coustomers to do things they WILL try. Without causing a scene, and still being able to put a smile on your face and go on to the next coustomer afterwords. 

You dont make the good money on stage, fair warning. Thats your advertizement basically saying "Hey look how hot I am and look what I can do!" 

Most clubs also require you to pay tip out. It varies club to club and is usually based on what time you get there. (the earlier into your shift the better.) 

Its good money, but if you just want to do it for the pole I wouldnt recomend it. Its hard hard work. I come home physically and mentaly drained everynight from working. It requires the patience of dealing with a teenager mixed with them in their terrible twos. 

Not trying to scare you off just being as blunt and open as possible. Also one more thing to consider, if you really like to drink I would stay away from it. I see too many girls drink way to much every night and thus loose money, let guys get away with more, ect. Its just bad. If you have to drink, do so in great moderation. 

• ShellyBelly

August 5, 2011 at 5:46 am

Thank you so much for your input. Didn’t mean to offend by using the S word 🙂 I just wanted veeners to know Exactly what I meant.

I know it’s not my thing… I don’t drink, do drugs, party… I’m a really good girl lol, who loves to pole dance! I just wish I could dance on stage in sexy outfits and men would “ooooooh” and “aaahhhhhh” over my inverts and tricks lol. Unfortunately I know that’s not how it works.

I think I eventually will try it, or at least an amateur night just to get a feel.

Thank you 😀

• poleprincess89

August 5, 2011 at 8:57 am

Well, if you just want to pole dance, that's not enough reason to become an exotic dancer but you do sound like you would be doing it for the attention. as an exotic dancer myself, I would say you should try it. You might like it. I never knew I would like it until I did an amateur contest. It was such an adrenaline rush for me. You should look up some local clubs and see when you can come in and audition. some clubs do do just topless and even some just do bikini. I know in New Jersey, some clubs are bikini clubs… but you will still have to do lap dances and everything else that comes with being a dancer, so it's really not much different. To me, I don't really care if i'm fully nude or not and a lot of times, i even forget to take my bottoms off when i'm on stage. some clubs aren't as strict about it but some are. the club i work at is full nude but some girls choose not to take their bottoms off and management doesn't care… but to be honest, it's really not that much different. you're nearly naked already anyway….

however, i will warn you that it's not for everyone so if you ever start feeling down on yourself because of dancing, you should quit right away. some girls turn to drugs or alcohol or bad friendships. I would say you should try to ease into it. start working just one night a week to get a feel for it and then you can start adding on days. it is so hard to get burnt out so be very careful or you'll start to hate it. the worst thing is coming into work on a night when you just don't want to be there because you won't make any money and it'll make you miserable… don't tell yourself that you need the money, just that you want to make more than you have because when you start telling yourself that you need it (even if you really do), you're gonna start to hate the job itself and you may start to try to do things you wouldn't normally do, in hopes of making your quota.

• HollySatine

August 5, 2011 at 10:54 am

fyi, stripperweb.com has a TON of threads about just about everything related to the industry, including resources and tips for new dancers…

• Curtis Mercury

August 5, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Maybe burlesque could work better for you? The best time I had as a customer at a strip/burlesque club was at a place that didn’t do lap dances and the girls wore pasties. Those clubs are out there but hard to find. Good luck.

• MrsNaughtywed

August 5, 2011 at 3:01 pm

What about 'pole'go dancing' ? Like go go dancing  but pole? I feel the same way Harlett. I wanna be a stripper but I don't want to touch men or do hard core shows. I'd just wanna sexy pole dance! Unfortunatly I don't live in an area where they have clubs where girls don't get nude or do contact shows. They are mainly lap dancing bars. And the strippers must get naked. So it would never work for me here. I've been looking into pole go dancing because I thought that would be fun except there isn't much here for that also. 🙁 Good luck! Maybe you will find something that suits you. And never do anything your uncomfortable with. 🙂

• solsticedark

August 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I don't mean any disrespect here, but lets get one thing straight right here and now. "I don't drink, do drugs, party" That is a MASSIVE stereotype. I've been dancing for 5+ years and I'll tell you what I don't drink. I don't party, and I sure as heck have never touched any drugs. And there are many girls like that, that I have met over the years. 

• BACE16

August 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Sounds like you should move to Utah lol.  Its all pasties, g-strings and stage dances there.  I went as a customer to one for a friends birthday and it was pretty boring.  I think there's one topless club in the state, but it can't serve alcohol.  At pole class some girls would joke about going to one club because it was the only one in the state that did lapdances.

• Dancing Paws

August 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Are there any burlesque clubs in the area????

• Dancing Paws

August 5, 2011 at 8:33 pm

It sounds like you need to find out how to wiggle into this group:
    http://m.myspace.com/home.wap?bfd=webnext&isredirected=true#friends.list/profile/108979028

• Dancing Paws

August 5, 2011 at 8:43 pm

They call themselves OCUBS, “orange county underground burlesque society.” if you want to see more about burlesque, watch “a wink and a smile: the art of burlesque.” it is on Netflix. It is about your average women learning burlesque and coming up with their own routines that they actually perform.

On a slightly different topic, if you want people watching you doing pole tricks, a strip club is not necessarily the place for that. Men go there to see naked women dance. They are not as interested in the moves. What you should do is bachelorette parties, and girl birthday parties… Basically any occasion where girls will be there. Contact your local bars and clubs and tell them you want to be a performer. It can help draw in crowds to their businesses. There are so many ways for you to perform on a pile without being in a strip club. Get creative.

• ShellyBelly

August 6, 2011 at 12:35 am

Thanks everyone. I didn’t mean any disrespect. I do know strippers though that have gone down that path unfortunately. I never said every stripper does. I actually just meant it to give an idea of myself. That’s all.

And burlesque sounds perfect!!! I just need to research it I guess 🙂 I would love stripping down to tassels or pasties and doing fun, sexy dances 🙂 thanks for the help!

• solsticedark

August 6, 2011 at 3:55 am

I knew you probably didnt, and I aplogize for kinda exploding on that one. Its just a HUGE hot button with me sense its something I have to  correct coustomers, and other people on, on nearly a daily basis. And its a compleatly unfair sterotype. 

• ShellyBelly

August 6, 2011 at 4:11 am

No, I promise I didn’t mean it in that way. I know it came out that way but I was just implying that Im not the risk taker type lol. I have total respect for dancers of any sort and know how hard mentally and physically it can be. I never meant to put it down.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, hopefully I didn’t offend any one else.

• Sparklie

August 6, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Take a look into the regulations for your area. For where I live we have to have a police regulated permit that is renewed every year. That may be different for where you live. The other thing to keep in mind too is it is, above all, a business. You are selling a fantasy in their head. I make most of my money on stage because of my stage presents and how I dance. When I do dances I do no contact because customers want what they can't have (and its the law here).

If you have your heart set on it do amuture night and see what you think about it. I got into it for the dancing not the money. If you do decide to do it, I agree with the previouse advice of, start slowly and work your way up. Also, find a really comfortable pair of heels the will be your friend and enemy all at the same time.

Page 1 of 2