StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tall Pole Installation – Guidance needed

• Tall Pole Installation – Guidance needed

Posted by Charley on August 1, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I have 17 feet from floor to ceiling and I want to mount a permanent chrome static/spin pole. I’m working with an interior designer who knows nothing about pole. She said X-pole told her I have to get a stainless Platinum Pole which I do not want. My pole doesn’t need to be 17 feet high. Are there beam options? What can I do besides have a stage pole or a one piece stainless that I don’t want?

Thoughts? Ideas?

amelia2000 replied 4 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 3, 2019 at 2:53 am

Is your ceiling vaulted? I bought a PS brass (one piece) for my place and its 14 fit and a 38 mm. SKINNY, I love it though! You’re welcome to come check it out when you’re in Vegas!

Someone here had some custom work done like beams and such so they could have a shorter pole. I can’t remember who…….

I don’t know of any poles that can go that high without having to be one piece.

• amelia2000

August 4, 2019 at 7:52 am

Think it would be cheaper to go for a freestanding pole, eg xstage lite, than to have extra beams put in. We used to live in a flat which was 3.4m to the ceiling, and even that wasn’t the proper ceiling with the beams. So I went for the xstage lite (3m or 3.2m). Definitely less hassle in our situation.

Also a benefit with stage poles is that your heels can’t damage the floor (you worry about that if you’re in a rental)