StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Studioveena App

• Studioveena App

Posted by Veena on October 18, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Hi guys! I know we’re all aware that we’ve made access to SV as a website from your phone easy but I wanna know what you’d be looking for out of an app!

Here are some things you might think about, and you don’t have to only include pole related apps, any app that has helped you in pole, fitness, socially etc.

1 What apps do you like to use right now?

2 What’s been helpful about these apps?

3 What’s annoying or frustrating?

4 Is there something you have wanted out of a pole, fitness, or social app but haven’t seen yet?

As your pole tribe we’d love to hear from you, how can we better serve our SV community! What would your ulimit pole dance app include?

Hellcat replied 7 years, 5 months ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Kimmaaaaay

October 18, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I would really love something that would track my daily progress/keep me accountable/remind me when I am trying to do something like the 30 day takeoff or Nailed It in 30. It would also be amazing if there could be sub-groups where people were allowed to chat or post photos/vids of their progress on certain lessons. Maybe just add ways to categorize discussions? Right now we have one large discussion board where you can start up topics and have people add to them, but topics tend to get lost with time and then repeated, and often times I have to fall back on the search feature to find discussions related to specific moves or something that I want help with.

Another thing that would be really amazing would be a combo builder to help with choreography or trying new entrances into things. You have some amazing videos already up that teach individual moves. If you had something even as simple as a graphical interface where a person could drag and drop little icons with pictures of moves (which would link to the lesson videos) into some kind of order, it would be a hugely helpful choreography tool. I write lists and word descriptions on paper when I’m doing choreography but it’d be so much clearer and better if I just had pictures so I could see “oh yeah, this goes from inverted D to extended butterfly” or something. I know that Pole Move Box kind of achieves this with pictures on cards, and that’s awesome, but if I could do it without spreading out a bunch of cards, and keep the routine in pictures on my phone, it would completely blow my mind! 😀

Thank you so much for providing such a great pole resource for us Veena! I don’t know where I’d be without your website as my virtual studio and support group!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 19, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Thank you for your input. 😆

• LatinPoler

October 19, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Hi,

I haven’t used any pole app so far. I use Runkeeper to track my runs and NTC (Nike Training Club) to do workouts. About NTC, I like that the workouts are quite comprehensive and you can follow along as well as if you were in the gym. What I don’t like, is that those workouts are fixed and you cannot filter per body part. For example, if I want to do ABS, there is no way to search ABS workouts without opening every single workout. Runkeeper is fine, good tracking tool, no complaints. Personally, I am not very interested in progress tracking or accountability, but I understand that it may be motivating for others.

I use Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn too. Integration with Facebook and Instagram may be interesting. So for example, if you upload a video to SV, that video can be shared automatically on Instagram (if the user enables this, of course).

I agree that a tool to help you build routines/choreos would be great! Also, easy lesson navigation, videos and forums. Not very different from the webpage 🙂
    Also, a schedule builder based on your goals. For example, if you want to work on flexibility, core strength and climbs, something that combines SV’s programs/exercises and gives you your customized 30 day schedule?

Thanks a lot for asking!

• Sacred Geometry

October 20, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Juat do it!!!! Yes, I am the worst offender…

• Sacred Geometry

October 20, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Plus SV is rigorous. I’m in good shape but SV is a goal I subscribe to and work towards. It is my gold standard. I am such a procrastinator, Veena. Plus I only have one kid. You, Veena, are an inspiration. I am a wimp until proven otherwise!!!!!!

• Sacred Geometry

October 20, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I’m almost 50. It’s a new challenge…still 2 years off of the half century.

Damn!!!! I gotta get driving hard with my intentions. I don’t want to go to a nursing home like my sweet mom suffering from Alzheimers

• catmoves2718

October 20, 2016 at 6:07 pm

The ability to download videos in the app and store them at least temporarily would be really useful. When I practice in the studio I don’t have wifi access.

• grayeyes

October 20, 2016 at 11:44 pm

I use Fitbit and became hooked almost immediately because I’m type A and am now compelled to get my steps in. From a pole app I would want to be able to put moves that I’m in the process of working on in a folder or mark them in some way so I can get to them easily. I would probably even want a way of checking off the lessons I’ve done and feel like I’ve mastered.

• Gena

October 21, 2016 at 7:01 pm

In addition to everything mentioned A home workout maker. I am horrible at coming up with workouts. I don’t have wifi where I work out either so viewing the videos can be difficult. 😊

• Hellcat

October 25, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Ok, way back when the first app I knew about was the Pocket Pole app which I believe to know be defunct. I loved being able to scroll through moves and reference them whenever I got stuck in a rut and needed to change things up a bit during my freestyles or general practices. SV has such a wonderful catalog so a quick menu option to poses and grips would be lovely.

I would also love a function that could generate and track workouts or even generate tricks and spins combos based on a particular move we are working on. This may be a tall order but it’s something I think everyone could get their leg hooks into pun intended. lol! Accountability reminders would be really neat too! Or what about daily inspirational messages/notifications. A big part of why I love so much about SV is the positivity and supportive feedback that is always available and in large supply. I think everyone needs a little pick me up from time to time so a little message when we are living our busy lives away from SV would certainly be welcomed. Some of these ideas might not be feasible but this site always gets my creative juices flowing. 😉