StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stuck X-joint (not twisted, not stripped)

• Stuck X-joint (not twisted, not stripped)

Posted by ammarice on January 5, 2017 at 12:20 am

I have an X-joint that I have already succeeded in “contracting” as much as possible (that is, the joint is as small as it can possibly be). However, for some reason it is seriously stuck in the B – pole. I tried icing it (cold = contract), and also I’ve tried applying some lubricant around that area and setting it so the lubricant will drip down, however going on two days now I haven’t had any luck removing it.

I made an attempt to force it out using the handle of my swiffer (literally all I possess that was rod-like–sad, I know), but other than damaging my swiffer handle nothing happened…

Are there any other suggestions on how to get it out? Should I try to find a broom stick or a metal rod (a sturdier one than my swiffer, that is)?

quancutie23 replied 7 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Lindensee

January 5, 2017 at 1:22 am

Hey there! That happened to me, too, and after trying all those things I lightly tapped the x joint with a hammer to realign it with the holes and the little tab (mine had twisted somehow in the process of taking it down). This dislodged it and I was eventually able to get it out. No problems afterward either. Good luck! 🤞

• ammarice

January 5, 2017 at 1:46 am

So what you said sounded brilliant, because I’ve observed that the x-joint appears to have some wiggle room on one half, and is flush with the b-pole on the other half. But what do you mean by “lightly”? I tried lightly, and then a lot less lightly, and it doesn’t appear to be budging… Did you still need to use a broom stick (or swiffer…) to get it out? Or were you able to pull it out?

• Lindensee

January 5, 2017 at 4:03 am

Bummer! I tapped on all sides and something moved so I was able to work it out that way, no stick needed. I hope something works soon!

• ammarice

January 9, 2017 at 4:13 pm

So just in conclusion should a future reader stumble across this and want to know the resolution: I tried shifting the joint with a hammer and it had no effect. I did finally get it out, using a broom-stick-like-object borrowed from a friend to force it out.

• quancutie23

January 10, 2017 at 5:44 am

Home Depot or lowes can help you. Put a screw driver in the part where you the holes are and turn it with a thick belt you will need two pal for this job