StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stripper Step/Pas de Bourre

• Stripper Step/Pas de Bourre

Posted by Runemist34 on June 29, 2018 at 6:34 pm

Hey everyone!
    I’m wondering, does anyone know the Stripper step, also known as the Pas de Bourre from ballet?
    I learned it a couple of years ago from a workshop, but I can’t remember how to do it… and Youtube is being unhelpful! All I find is ballet stuff, and it’s not quite translatable to a travelling walk forward like it was used for Pole.
    I have some notes, but of course, two-years-ago me was thinking differently than me now, so I’m not exactly sure how to read my notes anymore. It doesn’t quite make sense πŸ˜‰

The basic Pas De Bourre I’m seeing from ballet uses a different foot position, and doesn’t seem to be used in a forward direction. For pole, I was taught it as a way to walk forward, but could also be blended with other things (the first big step can be a step-around, for example).

Anyways, thanks guys!

Runemist34 replied 5 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • x falcon 3 0 x

June 29, 2018 at 11:56 pm

Learned it in jazz class myself so I looked up pas de bourre jazz in the youtube machine. This guy breaks it down pretty simply. Just add sexy πŸ˜‰

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDs3WOdqM_Q

• Runemist34

June 30, 2018 at 12:36 am

I’ve looked up lots of tutorials for it, and watched a lot…
    But the way I learned it, it was a forward step, not a side step. It was used to move around the pole similar to walking forward or back, to change direction, or to enter or exit moves.
    While I can do it moving side to side, I was hoping someone would be able to translate or explain it to me going forward… because I do NOT understand how to make it travel forward and back!

• x falcon 3 0 x

June 30, 2018 at 4:08 am

Sounds like a cha cha step then.

• Silver Sylph

June 30, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Runemist, could it be a stripper skip? I’ve seen Cleo do it with a heel clack as the feet come together, I’ve never dared to try it in heels, I’d be flat on my face without practicing Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€Ή

• Runemist34

June 30, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Silver Sylph it might be! I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen anyone do it, other than Tammy when she was teaching us. It flows so well I completely haven’t noticed it!
    I’ll see if I can find something about Cleo doing it πŸ˜‰

• Little red riding pole

July 1, 2018 at 7:12 pm

Now I am googling “Stripper Skip” and finding nada. I needs to see this immediate! πŸ™‚

• LatinPoler

July 2, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Just search the tag “pdstripperskip” on Instagram πŸ˜‰

• Runemist34

July 2, 2018 at 9:13 pm

I checked it out, and while not what I was thinking, it is adorable and I love it!
    I looked up the Cha cha basic step, too, and it’s… far too basic. Not quite what I was thinking?

What I have written down (super super rudimentary argh!) is this:
    Either: One big step, cross foot behind, and then swap feet.
    Or: One big step, cross foot behind, bring feet aligned, and then cross in front.
    The intention is to always change which foot is being moved.
    A few other notes is that it looks like a quick change of feet after one big step across the pole in order to turn around.
    I was also shown this as the “big step” being a step around, which at the end you would then cross your foot behind the one that actually stepped around, and then two steps to come out.

I’m still practicing it, anyways!
    I have like, a couple of short video examples that Tammy did for us, but it’s so hard to tell what she’s doing with her feet, because she’s so fast at it! I’m going to try to dive in and dissect it further, though.
    I’ll try to put up a video for you guys, when and if I get it figured out!!