StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stretching with sore muscles?

• Stretching with sore muscles?

Posted by nyxed on March 5, 2019 at 10:01 pm

I learned a new trick in class on Sunday, but afterward I felt like I’d been hit by a truck. I’ve been doing 30 Days to Flexy and I took a few days off, but I’m wondering how long I should give it. My left hamstring still aches when I use it–might stretching help, or will it make it worse? I guess I am worried also that stretching something that is sore will freak out the nervous system and undo progress. Should I try a warmup and see what happens, or just wait until it’s 100% again? I don’t think it’s injured, it is just mad I made it do a thing. 😉

Veena replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 6, 2019 at 3:22 am

Nothing wrong with giving it some rest if it’s still pretty sore. I like to use a foam roller and heat if I’m feeling sore. Don’t go full out until you feel better 🙂

• nyxed

March 6, 2019 at 4:33 am

I ended up going back to the previous “maintain” day, which was pole strength and the flowmotion routine. I only did one set of the exercises and the stretching was gentle. It definitely helped the soreness and also felt like I was doing something useful. Foam roller would be hell right now, my poor legs are so bruised 😂😂 But I might try heat tomorrow if I still feel it!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 6, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Oh boy, I didn’t know it was a bruise, yeah don’t foam roll until that’s gone!