StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Strengthing and conditioning your weak side

• Strengthing and conditioning your weak side

Posted by Cantetinza17 on February 11, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Yesterday was my most active pole practice at home. I felt good after doing some fundamentals and I did a couple of spins on my weak side and I was like, “Eh it’s not amazing, but that is to be expected.” So I wanted to do a mini Jamilla hold on my weak side and I couldn’t even hold long enough to tuck. I was SHOCKED!I walked around the pole and did my strong side. No problem I did the full Jamilla. I chuckled and I said to myself, “Well look at that. It’s a huge difference on strength. I would like to do more on my weak side, but what do you ladies do to strengthen and condition your weak side without hurting yourself? I’ve decided to use the routine and combo section on here to see if I can build strength, but what else should I do? What am I over looking? Oh and I am doing weight training, but you know I always keep my rep and sets even so should I do a little extra on the weak side?

Veena replied 8 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 11, 2016 at 6:53 pm

I would suggest using the conditioning and strength lessons here to work on the weak side.

Also make sure you are working the beginner pole moves on the weak side before trying to do more advanced pole work on the weak side. Starting with beginner pole work is important because it might not just be lack of strength, it can just be a matter of the body not understanding HOW to the a move on the opposite side. So before you try and add more reps to the weak side make sure it is ACTUALLY weak and not just a matter of having to learn how to use the other side. If you really do have a weaker side (which is totally possible) use the same weight for both sides for now, and stop the reps on the strong side when the weak side is fatigued. So, if doing bicep curls, stop when the weak side is too tired to do any more.

You’ll find a bunch of body weight strength building exercise in the quick lessons at the bottom too!