StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sticky feet

• Sticky feet

Posted by Niki Luster on May 24, 2016 at 1:16 am

Hi everybody.

Summer is approaching and I have a problem. My hands and feet sweat and they do the opposite of what I expected (I started exercising in January).
    My sweaty hands slip off the pole and spins are difficult because I fall a lot (no iTac, hand grips or powder I tried works). Just constantly cleaning the pole with alcohol (and put some on my hands). But I can’t do more than 2 spins.
    On the other hand my feet sweat and they stick so much to the floor I can hardly pivot and the worst part is that my toe stick to the floor and bleed. I tried the things you put on your feet to spin better but my toes still bleed.
    Does anybody have any suggestions especially for the feet. I exercise almost every day and it’s becoming painful.

Thank you very much in advance.

Niki

Runemist34 replied 7 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Runemist34

May 24, 2016 at 1:23 am

Hi Niki!
    I have this problem too- I stick like a gecko when it’s warm and muggy out! Which, frankly, it is pretty much that all of the time unless it’s winter here.
    Best thing I can suggest for the hands is to wash them, and the pole, often, and try to keep your spins to a minimum during this time. I know that can be hard. Also, if your pole has a spin mode, now might be the time to give that a go! I found that my pole needed very little warming up at these times, so a warmup may be done off the pole for a little extra spin time. But, try not to push it! Your hands are important.
    For the feet, there’s something called Foot Undies that really helped my poor feet when I was on linoleum and couldn’t turn worth a damn! They’re used by dancers who usually do ballet and such, but they are super awesome for us pole dancers, too! You can get them in fun colours, or in “nude,” and they have a soft suede on the bottom at the pads of your foot to keep you from sliding too much, but still keep you sliding.

Hope that helps!

• EJGolightly

May 24, 2016 at 2:47 am

Hey! i have the same problem with my hands and feet. Hyperdyrosis… The ONLY grip aid that has helped is the tite grip II. It’s an antiperspirant applied 30 minutes to an hour (I apply twice within an hour and a half before). And then I use gymnastic chalk on top of that. I have used the tite gripII on my feet so I don’t slip around barefoot or on flip flops.

I recently broke down and bought some gloves (doesn’t really help with the feet) just for days when I’m really slippery.

• Niki Luster

May 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Thank you so much. My worry is especially for the NE Pole competition. Im lucky it’s in October. I’ll try what you suggested for the hands. But I don’t know for the feet because I have the Foot dies and my toes still bleed. I need more calluses 🙂

• Niki Luster

May 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm

I meant foot undies. Stupid autocorrect

• travelerunderstars4916

May 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I have the exact same problem, hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet, there are days I can’t even do a fireman without just falling off the pole! I love tightgrip2 and prince grip, the combo has worked well for me but lately I have started using Driclor. It’s a strong anti-persperant with aluminum chloride in it that blocks sweat glands. You put it on at night for a couple weeks and wash it off in the morning. I was a bit nervous about it at first but it has been amazing!! My grip is so much better! I most likely wouldn’t use it in a hot climate but it’s pretty cold where I am. I hope you find something that works!

• Runemist34

May 25, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Hey guys, I just want to be super clear about something, as I see this happening often around here…
    Hyperhidrosis is an actual medical condition, which involved EXCESSIVE sweating, not associated with exercise or any other physical exertion, and is often unrelated to body temperature or the regulation thereof.
    It doesn’t mean “I sweat a lot.” It doesn’t mean “I sweat more than other people when exercising.”
    You can read about it more, here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis

Saying that you sweat a bunch from your hands and feet when dancing, and not at other times, and not in a way that particularly affects the way you live your life, and self-diagnosing that as Hyperhidrosis is sort of like saying you get really nervous before you do public speaking, and thus you have an anxiety disorder.

It simply isn’t correct.

If you think you DO have hyperhidrosis, you can see a doctor, and there are treatments out there for it. Things like medications, injections, and even surgeries are available to help people with hyperhidrosis to lead normal, happy lives.