StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Starting over

• Starting over

Posted by rachelconnaughton6416 on March 23, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Hey there, am not sure if this is the place to post – I just felt I had to!
    I’ve been on and off with pole for a couple of years, and then stopped completely about 8 months ago.
    I don’t even know why, as I was making good progress on here with Veena’s lessons πŸ™‚
    I have been weight training though, and just randomly tried inverting on my pole. And it was pretty easy!
    So I’ve decided, that’s it, I’m starting again this weekend πŸ™‚ I guess I feel that writing this will make sure I do do it, and make me accountable somehow. Am very excited xxx

33barbwire replied 6 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • paulineleonesio6625

March 23, 2018 at 6:35 pm

dont give up! you got this!

• Navinah

March 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm

Sincerely, thank you for posting! This rings so true to me right now. Last year I took up weight training and got engrossed with my new goals there. I loved it! To see what my body was capable of in a new light was so invigorating it left me wanting more. But I missed poling. I would sometimes have to catch myself at the gym from dancing around when a good song came on. I’d screenshot some songs I’d love to pole to and then it just didn’t happen. BUT for the past 2 weeks I’ve been piling more consistently, making it a priority, and I’m loving how my body is responding. Your strength will bring you higher, just keep at it. Your body will remember Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€°. So, so happy for you!

• rachelconnaughton6416

March 25, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Awww thanks so much Paulineleoneonesio6625 and Navinah!!
    This was actually my first ever post on here! So it was lovely to get your responses.
    I guess it just shows the power of community πŸ™‚
    I too will make pole more of a priority… and won’t give up. Will keep you posted!
    Much love to you guys xx

• TreesySpins

March 26, 2018 at 12:21 am

Welcome back! You’ll be back at it in no time!

• rachelconnaughton6416

March 26, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Thank you, Treesy!!!! Great to be here again πŸ™‚

• 33barbwire

March 30, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Hey, lots of people need a break from pole once in a while! I burned out pretty bad in February and haven’t done much working out of any kind for…oh like 6-7 weeks, wow. Getting back in, though. Happy to hear pole still makes you happy after your break!