StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Starting from scratch

• Starting from scratch

Posted by emiliealicia on January 21, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Hi! I wondered if anyone learning at home have any inspiration on how to keep going after a long break off. I haven’t been poling regularly since october 2016 (beginner/intermediate transition level) because I had to move from my studio. I have gotten a home pole but I can’t seem to get started again and for many various reasons I have lost a lot of strength so former “easy pole moves” now feel painful, difficult and just a little discouraging. I feel stuck and I really want to get somewhere, but it feels like I will never progress and it’s just tiresome. Any tips?

emiliealicia replied 6 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • polegramma

January 21, 2018 at 11:21 pm

You might try Veena’s 30 day take off. That would help you build strength back up. It also includes transitions and floor work, so you’d have some fun too. More strength means more confidence on your pole! And fun makes you want to do more!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 22, 2018 at 3:19 am

I do suggest the 30 day take off I designed it for people who have taken time off or have never poled before. It’s easy, just follow what I want you to do each day, you don’t have to plan anything for yourself! You could try some of the routines found in the routine section too.

• Shihyu Liu

January 23, 2018 at 3:54 pm

I have the same problem as well, sometimes I get lazy a take a couple of days off, sometimes I’m too tired that i also skip the daily 3 day take off lesson 🙁 I will I could feel motivated everyday, any suggestions?

• Veena

Administrator
    January 24, 2018 at 5:02 am

You could try any of these suggestions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kvzZndaick

• Miracub1995

January 28, 2018 at 11:07 am

When I get lazy which happens alot I just tell myself to just do 10 mins of pole and that’s it, that usually a simple 10 min warm up, but by the time I’ve done that 10 mins I’m pumped and want to do more. So try it, 10 mins is all it takes lol 🙂

• Miracub1995

January 28, 2018 at 11:15 am

Lol didn’t realize I got my tip from Veena vid herself. I knew I heard it somewhere but couldn’t remember where lol what a coincidence. But it really is a great tip and it helps me a lot.

• emiliealicia

January 30, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Thank you so much for all the good tips. I will definitely try the 30 day take off. And sorry for answering late, I have been struggling with so much this last year and I have worked a lot on that recently. I’m gonna start the 30 day take off next week after a much needed vacation.