StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Skin sensitivity/burn

• Skin sensitivity/burn

Posted by LatinPoler on June 19, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Hi pole sisters,
    The skin of my left knee pit and upper calf is very sensitive right now, I suspect because of many outside leg hangs and from that move to butterfly. It’s nothing muscular, it does not hurt at all when I move, run, etc. But if I touch and rub, the skin in that area is super sensitive, like a burning feeling. It is not bruised, it looks perfectly normal, maybe just a little dry. So far I’m resting that area and I guess it will sort out on its own over time (hopefully soon). But I wonder if you know a lotion, ointment or anything I can use to speed up the recovery?
    Thank you!

LatinPoler replied 6 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

June 20, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I don’t have any experience with this, but was thinking maybe Eucerin or Aquaphor or even like Aveeno for eczema?

• LatinPoler

June 20, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Thanks! I think Aveeno for Eczema is a great suggestion, it has worked well for me before. I’m feeling better today thankfully.

• Veena

Administrator
    June 20, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I get dry spots on POC’s all the time. I just lay off that area for a few days (not avoiding all together, but not training a move that requires that POC over and over. ) Then I use lotion and it’s fine. Try exfoliation as well. Glad it’s clearing up!

• StrangeFox

June 22, 2017 at 1:25 am

Hey LatinPoler – hope your skin is doing better. I second the Aveeno. Especially the soothing one. I actually had the same issue a couple of days ago in around the same area from training my knee pit grip and I got that on my foot from climbing a while back, too. It kind of freaked me out, but Voltaren helped ease the discomfort a bit. Rest up and I wish you a speedy recovery. 🙂

• LatinPoler

June 22, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Thanks! Feeling much better today, almost normal. I rested the area and applied Arnica and Vanicream that was what I had at home, also Aveeno Sheer hydration that is my daily lotion. I note down the Aveeno Eczema and soothing for future issues! I think I will wait two more days until it feels 100% recovered and try the Gemini and see how it feels. Now I have skin burn on my shoulder due to many shoulder mounts 🙁 I have sensitive skin and I guess I’m more prone to issues.