Silicone Xpole or Pole Sleeves??

michellepange
I know this topic has already been discussed for a couple of times. But I still couldn't get to decide which pole suits me best. I'm a beginner and has a lot of gripping issues. So I'd really like to have a grippier pole which Silicone X-pole or Pole Sleeve seems to be the way out. I have read over some reviews and concluded that,

Pole Sleeve: pretty hard to take it on/off so it might as well be permanent and some polers even had it cut off. It also increases the diameter of your pole by 5mm (or more?--> does anyone know the exact size?)

Silicone X-Pole: non-removable. I heard that water may cause the silicone pole slippery and you also cant do static spins on it (does the water thing and non-static spins apply on pole sleeve too?).

I'm currently living in Shanghai where has quite a bit of weather changing, but I'll be leaving to my home country which stays hot and humid the whole year. I heard that humid weather cause a slippery silicone pole too?

I'd appreciate some thoughts from you guys! Thanks :)
Mar 31, 2015
michellepange
Oh and I'd also add, I'm thinking to get

40mm brass + Pole sleeve --> 48mm ?
or 48mm Silicone Xpole

Is 48mm the smallest size of silicone xpole? my hands are very small.
Mar 31, 2015
luvlee
I have been in both and I am getting the xpole. It is smaller and softer.
Mar 31, 2015
michellepange
Thanks for the reply! Now I'm thinking to get the xpole too :)
Mar 31, 2015
CD Hussey fka Jivete
I'd really like a silicone xpole, but I think I want one with a stage, so until I recover from building a new garage, I think the $1000 or so I'd have to spend is out. If you do get one, review it on here please!

Oh, and I'm one that hated the pole sleeve. Made the pole too big in diameter and I couldn't get it off. I believe it adds 10mm total, so my 45 became a 55. Too much for me.
Mar 31, 2015
Suz Sweeney
Love the silicon for specific strong grip holds and spins, but you definitely need a metal pole as well. my students with chronic sweaty hands love the silicon, the rest of them hate it! lol
I love all my poles (stainless, chrome, brass, TG and silicon). The different metals behave differently with individual chemistry, weather and room conditions.
Mar 31, 2015
michellepange
I've tried the silicone X-stage in a Xpole exhibition and it was not bad at all. The grip is wonderful. I wore a stretchy denim long pants and it was okay. I just find the size is a little bit too big for my hands as I originally wanted a 40mm brass pole instead. But yea, I think 48mm silicone is the smallest xpole offers?

I love the idea of silicone pole allows you to wear more clothing. And all poles in my studio are metal poles. I figured I could train a better spin with all the metal poles' advantage in the studio, whilst still be able to learn a trickier pose at home with my silicone xpole :)
Mar 31, 2015
michellepange
Here's the pics of me trying out the silicone X-stage.
Mar 31, 2015
Wcox
I have a silicone Xpole. I can tell you that with the silicone you need to be careful with what your wearing, yesterday I wore a shirt that was too thin and now I have a burn on my shoulder. I love my silicone but I don't think I would enjoy only training on that alone - I love my chrome when I need my skin to stick and my silicone when I'm first learning strength moves. Tough decision to make for sure.
Mar 31, 2015
luvlee
This is me on the xpole silicon pole at the Arnold sports festival. I love it and am getting one.
Mar 31, 2015
ItsEss
@Wcox what has been your experience transitioning from silicone to chrome. I'm thinking of getting silicone but not sure if it will really help build my strength for chrome. I ask bc it took some adjusting when I was practicing on my 50 for about 3 months & tried to go back to my 45.
Apr 1, 2015
Rocxstar1435305
I just got my stage today I got the brass and I also ordered a silicone stage pole. The poles will be here tomorrow n I'll Def post up a review. I've never used silicone. I got the brass x stage light so I could do pole silks with the new silkii from xpole. That is back ordered tho so I have no idea when the silkii will ship but I'll also review that here too :) I'll post tomorrow night about the silicone stage pole I can't wait
Apr 1, 2015
Wcox
@ItsEss - when I puchased my silicone, I had it up for about a month before I put up my chrome again. In terms of strength and learning new moves I personally find it extremely beneficial because I don't have to worry about my hands and I can just focus on my new move. I think my learning process would have been longer on the chrome for some moves. Switching back and forth isn't much of an issue for me in terms of the poles but I also take private lessons on brass poles (which I personally don't like) so I am always using different piles. I don't think I would like just having a silicone pole by itself though, some moves are just not as comfortable on the silicone (ie. Left side Scorpio push out to ayesha) but I can do it on my chrome. But I am just learning superman to shoulder mount trap split which seemed really hard on chrome and it's now making sense to learn on my silicone first. Lol maybe it's all in my head. Hope that helps!
Apr 2, 2015
ItsEss
Thanks! Thinking about my space, I might just need to save my money & stick to chrome! :-) it will help but not enough to justify the cost ATM
Apr 2, 2015
ambience24z9338
@WCOX.. where did you get your silicone pole? I almost got a pole sleeve but it's half the price of a pole. Now that I hear you talk about learning certain moves better on silicone pole, I rather get one than a pole sleeve. ;)
Apr 2, 2015
ambience24z9338
@Michellepange... what is that 2nd pose called? I have been trying to learn that position for a long time but idk if it's because my thighs are too thick or I'm too short but I can't get my leg in front to wrap correctly. :)
Apr 2, 2015
Rocxstar1435305
Well only half a silicone pole was sent to me :( gonna be amother week til I have a whole one x pole was amazing tho and took really good care of me and corrected the mistake. They are sending me both pieces and letting me keep the additional bottom that I received today. I'm thinking I will measure it and cut it from the bottom and use it upside down as a top pole to use indoors in the winter and keep the one they r shipping full length for outdoor use
Apr 2, 2015
Wcox
@ambience24z9338 I ordered directly from xpole. I have never tried a sleeve so I may be a little biased but overall I am extremely happy with my silicone pole :)
Apr 2, 2015
michellepange
I just purchased my pink silicone xpole yesterday, really can’t wait to receive it by next week. Def will post some video and review. Thanks for the advice girls, you rock!

@ambience24z9338 I believe it’s called a pretzel/ballerina spin. Make sure your hips are away from the pole so it’s easier to place your leg. Back and shoulders stretches will also help. Good luck on your pretzel spin! Post up your video once you achieve it :)
Apr 4, 2015
TatianaSD
Don't buy the Pole Sleeve!! I bought it when it first came out and within a year it lost its color and the grip..it was like I had wrapped silk on my pole....so I decided to take it off and it was glued to my pole...we tried every powered aired pumped and nothing...so my husband just told me to cut it off and when I did it was like ripping wall paper....thank god the sticky residue that it left on my pole came off with rubbing alcohol and a sponge :)
Apr 11, 2015
Might Grip
Try some gloves first. Much less expensive and you can always go to covered pole.
joel
Apr 12, 2015
ambience24z9338
Thanks TitianaDS.. I really appreciate your experience with it. :) I would rather keep getting the Grip stuff than go through all of that.
Apr 12, 2015
Rose2011
I live in Alabama and I would like to have a stage pole to take outside. How would a silicone pole do on a warm/sunny day outside? Would would it do with sweaty hands/grips?
Apr 12, 2015
Stephanie X Pole
Great reviews everyone! The Silicone is definitely a fantastic pole for building strength in grips as well as great for anyone with grip issues. It is also more of a Chinese pole texture- so great for those Chinese pole moves. Definitely recommended to wear appropriate clothing on silicone, as the high friction of the silicone texture can burn!

Check out this video of X-Pole girl Yukari Cooperstock here:
[youtu.be]

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at info@xpoleus.com
[youtu.be]
Apr 13, 2015
michellepange
@TatianaSD It sounds bad! Lucky I did purchase the Silicone Xpole instead. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

@MIght Grip I have your gloves product and I really love them! The grip is amazing, however I feel that it’s a lil bit hard to slide down wearing the gloves as the hands get too sticky to the pole. I still love them anyway, been such a life saver for me.

Thanks for all the reply everyone! I’ve got my Silicone Xpole recently.
As expected, the grip is amazing. However, I rather confused of what kind of clothing I should wear. I tried leggings and yoga pants, it’s definitely a big no. The pants stick to the pole, while my skin doesn’t grip the fabric, so my body keeps sliding down. The pants stretched too much that I didn’t feel secure to do any upside down trick. I tried jeans, it worked fine but some moves become harder as the fabric is not flexible. Then I tried bare skin, surprisingly it worked much better than the pants or jeans, but whenever I slide down my skin burns so bad. So I ended up having some ripped skin over my right leg. Overall, I like my silicone Xpole, I just need to discover more. Hope I could find a suitable clothing soon!
Apr 20, 2015
Wcox
@michellepange I tried different types of yoga pants. One pair was an epic fail but one pair I love on my silicone (same experience with shits and i have a sweet scar on my sholder back to show for it). I like to layer or have different clothes during my session To change. Since I have figured out what works well for me, I started planning what pants for what moves. Lol it took me about a month to get really comfortable with silicone and clothes.
Apr 20, 2015
grandgalettes
I also had gripping/sticking to the pole problems. Before you spend the money on an expensive silicone pole or sleeve go to the hardware store and pick up non adhesive silicone tape. Three rolls ($22 total) covered my pole and it works amazing. No glue at all it just sticks to itself and the pole really well so it should be removable or replaceable if it wears out. Start wrapping and stretching it around from the bottom overlaping just a litte so the overlap is smooth going downward. I inverted for the first time literally on my firat attempt after applying this.
Nov 24, 2018

mercury5girl
Thank you, Veena, these exercises are great! This is why I love learning online with you, you take the time to break down all the important details and lay down the foundations so well.
more testimonials