StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Silicone Xpole or Pole Sleeves??

• Silicone Xpole or Pole Sleeves??

Posted by michellepange on March 31, 2015 at 11:07 am

I know this topic has already been discussed for a couple of times. But I still couldn’t get to decide which pole suits me best. I’m a beginner and has a lot of gripping issues. So I’d really like to have a grippier pole which Silicone X-pole or Pole Sleeve seems to be the way out. I have read over some reviews and concluded that,

Pole Sleeve: pretty hard to take it on/off so it might as well be permanent and some polers even had it cut off. It also increases the diameter of your pole by 5mm (or more?–> does anyone know the exact size?)

Silicone X-Pole: non-removable. I heard that water may cause the silicone pole slippery and you also cant do static spins on it (does the water thing and non-static spins apply on pole sleeve too?).

I’m currently living in Shanghai where has quite a bit of weather changing, but I’ll be leaving to my home country which stays hot and humid the whole year. I heard that humid weather cause a slippery silicone pole too?

I’d appreciate some thoughts from you guys! Thanks 🙂

Legs4Days replied 5 years, 2 months ago 14 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • michellepange

March 31, 2015 at 11:11 am

Oh and I’d also add, I’m thinking to get

40mm brass + Pole sleeve –> 48mm ?
    or 48mm Silicone Xpole

Is 48mm the smallest size of silicone xpole? my hands are very small.

• luvlee

March 31, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I have been in both and I am getting the xpole. It is smaller and softer.

• michellepange

March 31, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for the reply! Now I’m thinking to get the xpole too 🙂

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

March 31, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I’d really like a silicone xpole, but I think I want one with a stage, so until I recover from building a new garage, I think the $1000 or so I’d have to spend is out. If you do get one, review it on here please!

Oh, and I’m one that hated the pole sleeve. Made the pole too big in diameter and I couldn’t get it off. I believe it adds 10mm total, so my 45 became a 55. Too much for me.

• Suz Sweeney

March 31, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Love the silicon for specific strong grip holds and spins, but you definitely need a metal pole as well. my students with chronic sweaty hands love the silicon, the rest of them hate it! lol
    I love all my poles (stainless, chrome, brass, TG and silicon). The different metals behave differently with individual chemistry, weather and room conditions.

• michellepange

March 31, 2015 at 7:57 pm

I’ve tried the silicone X-stage in a Xpole exhibition and it was not bad at all. The grip is wonderful. I wore a stretchy denim long pants and it was okay. I just find the size is a little bit too big for my hands as I originally wanted a 40mm brass pole instead. But yea, I think 48mm silicone is the smallest xpole offers?

I love the idea of silicone pole allows you to wear more clothing. And all poles in my studio are metal poles. I figured I could train a better spin with all the metal poles’ advantage in the studio, whilst still be able to learn a trickier pose at home with my silicone xpole 🙂

• michellepange

March 31, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Here’s the pics of me trying out the silicone X-stage.

• Wcox

March 31, 2015 at 8:40 pm

I have a silicone Xpole. I can tell you that with the silicone you need to be careful with what your wearing, yesterday I wore a shirt that was too thin and now I have a burn on my shoulder. I love my silicone but I don’t think I would enjoy only training on that alone – I love my chrome when I need my skin to stick and my silicone when I’m first learning strength moves. Tough decision to make for sure.

• luvlee

March 31, 2015 at 11:01 pm

This is me on the xpole silicon pole at the Arnold sports festival. I love it and am getting one.

• ItsEss

April 1, 2015 at 8:46 am

@Wcox what has been your experience transitioning from silicone to chrome. I’m thinking of getting silicone but not sure if it will really help build my strength for chrome. I ask bc it took some adjusting when I was practicing on my 50 for about 3 months & tried to go back to my 45.

• Rocxstar1435305

April 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I just got my stage today I got the brass and I also ordered a silicone stage pole. The poles will be here tomorrow n I’ll Def post up a review. I’ve never used silicone. I got the brass x stage light so I could do pole silks with the new silkii from xpole. That is back ordered tho so I have no idea when the silkii will ship but I’ll also review that here too 🙂 I’ll post tomorrow night about the silicone stage pole I can’t wait

• Wcox

April 2, 2015 at 8:19 am

@ItsEss – when I puchased my silicone, I had it up for about a month before I put up my chrome again. In terms of strength and learning new moves I personally find it extremely beneficial because I don’t have to worry about my hands and I can just focus on my new move. I think my learning process would have been longer on the chrome for some moves. Switching back and forth isn’t much of an issue for me in terms of the poles but I also take private lessons on brass poles (which I personally don’t like) so I am always using different piles. I don’t think I would like just having a silicone pole by itself though, some moves are just not as comfortable on the silicone (ie. Left side Scorpio push out to ayesha) but I can do it on my chrome. But I am just learning superman to shoulder mount trap split which seemed really hard on chrome and it’s now making sense to learn on my silicone first. Lol maybe it’s all in my head. Hope that helps!

• ItsEss

April 2, 2015 at 9:48 am

Thanks! Thinking about my space, I might just need to save my money & stick to chrome! 🙂 it will help but not enough to justify the cost ATM

• ambience24z9338

April 2, 2015 at 12:01 pm

@WCOX.. where did you get your silicone pole? I almost got a pole sleeve but it’s half the price of a pole. Now that I hear you talk about learning certain moves better on silicone pole, I rather get one than a pole sleeve. 😉

• ambience24z9338

April 2, 2015 at 12:06 pm

@Michellepange… what is that 2nd pose called? I have been trying to learn that position for a long time but idk if it’s because my thighs are too thick or I’m too short but I can’t get my leg in front to wrap correctly. 🙂

Page 1 of 2