StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shrug with shoulder pads?

• Shrug with shoulder pads?

Posted by LatinPoler on January 12, 2018 at 5:41 pm

I have very bony shoulders and anything that means standing or rolling on my shoulders hurts. I’ve heard that there are shrugs with shoulder pads to protect the shoulders, this would be helpful for me! I’ve been searching online but found nothing. Is anybody aware of any brand or store that sells this? Thanks!!!

LatinPoler replied 6 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • StrangeFox

January 13, 2018 at 1:35 am

Haven’t heard of anything like that but that sounds really awesome. If you or anyone else finds anything be sure to post here. I can ask around the student group for my studio and see if anyone knows anything – the owner is really knowledgeable on pole products and suppliers.

Ps – I also have bony shoulders and stability issues so this would be a HUGE help for practicing any shoulder-based floor work.

• LatinPoler

January 13, 2018 at 6:23 pm

That would bet great, StrangeFox! Of course I can also buy the shrug and the shoulder pads and sew it myself, but I don’t think it would look very nice LoL. Still plan B.

• StrangeFox

January 13, 2018 at 7:48 pm

I’ll let you know what everyone comes back with! I’m not much of a sewer…wish I was ’cause I’d totally make shoulder pads for pole! Haha!

• StrangeFox

January 19, 2018 at 3:28 am

No luck so far! 🙁 I’ve asked on the student group and a few folks at the studio and although no one knows of anything like this they think it would be a great product if it did exist. I’ll be sure to update if I find anything.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2018 at 5:00 am

I’ve not heard of them either! I always use a yoga mat when I practice, then overtime I get use to the movement and it’s not so hard on my shoulder. It would be cool to have some kind of protection tho!!!

• LatinPoler

January 21, 2018 at 12:54 am

Thanks StrangeFox and Veena! Yes, sometimes I use the Yoga mat but since it’s gripping, it does not work well for some moves. FYI – I found shoulder pads that stick to the skin on Amazon and I purchased them… they are not a miracle but they protect a little and stay in place with few adjustments. I will have to make do with this!