StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Shortening an x- pole?

• Shortening an x- pole?

Posted by Bleuh on February 5, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Hey, I just got my chrome X- pole xpert and there is a little problem. The shorter extension is not long enough and the longer one is just a little bit too long. Can I just shorten the longer extension a little with a hack saw or something along those lines? Or should I just buy the 200 mm extension (I’m aware that’d be the sensible thing to do)?

Bleuh replied 8 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 5, 2016 at 11:13 pm

They make all kinds of sizes so call them and they can help you choose the pieces that will fit your room. 🙂

• LunaLovely

February 6, 2016 at 3:50 am

Just dish out for the extender. Why do a literal hack job? The way the pole is designed with the x joints, I don’t think that’s even an option. There would be no way to tighten them. Plus, if you move and end up with ceilings of a different height, you’ll be greatful for those extra pieces because you’ll always be able to get the right height.

• Bleuh

February 6, 2016 at 8:38 am

Yeah, thanks for your replies. 🙂 I’ll just order the slightly shorter extension, even though it means I have to wait for a few more days before I get to try my own pole. 😀

• I polekat I

February 6, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Yeah as others have said its not a good idea to do your own chop job( you can trim the top off the freestanding stage poles but only because nothing fits into the top of those.)
    I had a similar problem haha when I measured the height of my room I thought the pole would fit perfectly but when I actually put it up it was juuuust too short with both extensions so I had to order a 500 and wait a few days before I could get my pole up for the first time aaarrrggghh 😉
    but yeah it is really handy to have a variety of extentions anyway, if u want to put your pole up somewhere else =]

• Bleuh

February 6, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Haha, yes, already ordered the part. Now I just have to patiently wait a few days. 🙂